Search the forum,

Discuss Aquapanel over Thistle Hard Wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dobbadobbs

Hi there,

Realised i've made a mistake by using thistle hard wall on the bathroom walls. Can I put an aqua panel over the top of them, or must this be removed back to brick?

Thanks

I

Ian

No need to remove, just screw the boards to the wall, make sure the screws and plugs are well into the brickwork, 100mm screws with suitable plugs.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i don't seee the problem really,if its in a shower area ,tank it,it says on the site you can tile upto 20kg onto the skimcoat(leave for a few weeks to dryout). it shouldent be used if going to be wet all the time,but neither should plasterboard

D

dobbadobbs

Thanks for the replies guys.

If I screw the aqua panel to the wall (which has been hard walled) does this effect the weight of the tiles I can apply?

I have some 40 x 30 porcelain tiles.

Many thanks.

I

Ian

So long as you fix it to the wall properly the weight capacity won't be affected.

---

D

dobbadobbs

Just mechanically screwing it will be fine, Bri?

Aqua Panel is up to 40kg/sqm?

So long as you fix it to the wall properly the weight capacity won't be affected.

---

I

Ian

Definately, do make sure the fixings are secure though.

---

Reply to Aquapanel over Thistle Hard Wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen