Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

S

swindonbathroom

Hi

Just had a bizarre experience at Topps Tiles Swindon. Just to state that I am not a Topps Tiles Tiler ( now that's a mouthful ).

I often send clients into Topps Tiles and this was the case with Mavis - incidentially in her 70's. I usually give clients the required amount of tiles they need and point them in Topps direction. Our client then deals direct with Topps Tiles and I have no financial gain from this.

Anyway Mavis buys her tiles for her bathroom , floor & walls , but mistakenly buys adhesives /grout etc. Her daughter sees the mistake and it seems fairly simple for Mavis just to get a refund. At this point the stock hasn't left Topps Tiles.

Apparently there is some issues in store that I don't just use their materials and give the money to Mavis. Easy you might think. I objected to paying the £600 charged poor Mavis for these goods. Yes £600 !! Not taking them up on their kind offer I actually went and bought all the miscellaneous adhesives etc for under £300 !!

Now I'm a person non grata as i've "done" Topps Tiles out of a £600 sale !! I thought I'd introduced a client and they'd made a tile sale. Not in Topps Tiles eyes. I'm an out and out villian lol !

I know the last company outlook was poor but acting like this is making Bankers look downright reasonable !

Anyone else had trouble with Topps Tiles ??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Hi swindonbathroom and welcome to tilersforums.com!

G

Gazzer

only issue I had with Topps was when they tried to charge me £52 for a bag of their own SPF ....No thanks :ban:

S

swindonbathroom

Sir

I'm not banned lol. I'm welcome to buy tiles and accessories etc at the full retail price. I'm just not allowed any discount at all !!

Mavis is happy with the £300 she saved though

S

swindonbathroom

Yes first post !! I was a tad miffed lol.

Hello to everyone. I'm based in Swindon and run a few companies that are bathroom related.

Tiling is a good part of our business. Anyone else in my area.

Say hello anyone , I'm not usually a "grumpy old man" :lol:

R

richard Kent

:welcome:Swindon.
Never had a problem with topps, I have got a trade card and get a decent discount , they're local and it's easy to park

T

Time's Ran Out

Yes first post !! I was a tad miffed lol.

Hello to everyone. I'm based in Swindon and run a few companies that are bathroom related.

Tiling is a good part of our business. Anyone else in my area.

Say hello anyone , I'm not usually a "grumpy old man" :lol:

:welcome:to TF - With the amount of business you give them, have you not introduced yourself before now!
I've never bought anything other than a sample tile from them, but as they were set up as a retail outlet and charge such a high price for their adhesives, despite being the closest tile shed to me, I'd never consider using them as a trade supplier.

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome...

Not a retailer i use much.. get good price on backerboards but everything else is a fortune IMO..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ive had plenty of issues with my local topps rangeing from mix batches, wrong tiles being delivered, rude staff and rubbish prices so i dont use them any more nor do many of my colleges, which dosnt seem to bother them as im sure they much prefer dealing with private customers rather than trade.

D

doug boardley

Hi Swindon and welcome to TF:welcome:I've never used Topps since they tried to charge me £15 for a length of trim:thumbsdown:

Reply to Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen