Search the forum,

Discuss Anti-Vibration grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Ramsden

Am in the market for a new grinder and since I suffer from a bit of RSI I think maybe something designed around anti-vibration.
I generally use a 4 1/2" grinder, in the past using bosch but always returning to makita.
I was told to check out hitachi by a dealer but there website seems to have some sort of error where I cant pull up the product specs...

Any recommendations?!

U

user123

Dave, I have pretty weak and slender wrists and understand where you are coming from... when I wanted a grinder I got this one, you may or may not already have,
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Makita-9564CV-2-Inch-Angle-Grinder/dp/B00005Q7BE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Makita 9564CV 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder[/ame]

simply because it has the soft start and variable speed feature, and it was for sale on ebay, new, where I had a 20% discount voucher, so it beat any other price. I have only played with it a couple of times, but was pleased how it felt on the wrist, I think being able to adjust the speed really helps, as does the soft start.

I also have a cushioned wrist and hand support within reach, so that it rather than the bones in my hand take the main impact, that works, too. :thumbsup:

D

Dave Ramsden

I like your style but am not sure variable speed is a must for me.
Thinking about it grip and weight are going to play a fair part so I was looking at this but its only 800 watt...

D

DHTiling

I have a bosch grinder and then when i bought my Dewalt d24000 wetsaw i got a Dewalt grinder with it..

Now the Dewalt grinder is spot on for balance and weight.. the best i have used yet..
if you contact Dave @TT he might still have some left.. spot on they are..

C

CBTC

Dave - if you can strectch to Hilti they make quite a point about low vibration on their tools.

Reply to Anti-Vibration grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen