• Thread starter brian c
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 262
  • usa

Discuss another know it all. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

Yeah and she new nothing.

So the phone rings ,she introduces herself and tells me the tile shop gave her my card and she then proceeds to tell me she has a small box of tiles that need putting up on the wall and that it will only take me 10 mins.
I arrange a time convenient for her to go and see the job today.Got to the job and she gives me the ten minute speel again.Looked at the wall...wallpaper on and old tile adhesive where someone just tiled over the wallpaper..nice eh.So its about 1m2 or so splashie and she hounds me again about the ten mins job....so i had to stop her and explain the paper needs taking off and that it shouldnt have been tiled onto in the first place..not a happy bunny then she says how much will i charge for doing the job?I told her £60 including adhesive and grout...welli nearly had to pick her up off the floor...bearing in mind this is a big house in a very afluent area.By now i was getting annoyed with her attitude and said well i will leave it with you as i need to get back to work.She then says she didnt expect it to be so much.Anyway i agreed to take the paper off for her and do the job on Friday....what is going on with people at the moment..they want things done for free and its getting me down as things are getting really really tight!Dont know if i can be annoyed with this anymore tbh.Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

I feel ya pain Bri. I have spent all day cajolling an IT engineer into taking "ownership" of an IT problem at work. Apparently he's just employed to deal with hardware issues. Well it was a hardware issue so how comes I'm the one sorting it out :mad2:

But I haven't kept my cool today. I've been sounding off at this poor lad. I think he got the message though :lol:

It's hard to be polite in situations like that Bri, so well done :thumbsup:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lot of so called customers still think we are ALL running about looking for work, so they THINK they can try it on.

You do the jobs...........and finish off............and then they try the "discount for cash" routine. :incazzato::incazzato:

D

david campbell

she's got money because she doesn't part with it brian!

i would have told her to get on with it herself if it's just a 10 minute job,or priced it so high she really would have fainted there is no way customers are going to dictate a timescale and price to me,sorry if that sounds arrogant but i've taken the time and effort to learn how to do a job properly and think i should be paid accordingly:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

I hope you doffed your cap as you left via the tradesman's entrance Bri:incazzato:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
get yer £60 up front IMO

W

White Room

She's the type who will looking over your shoulder while your working and I bet she'll find something to pick fault with:incazzato:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
your only saving grace would be if she was a hoop bri then you can go do the job in your rangers top:smilewinkgrin:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

It will be a cold day in Hell, when I start doffing my cap to these people. Stick to your guns Brian:incazzato:

Reply to another know it all. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley