Search the forum,

Discuss amount adhesive needed per sq mt to fix limestone/porcelain on floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

have just done a porcelain floor this week . The tile company who supplied tiles and who i have an account with supplied 14 bags x 20kg tilemaster setaflex for 60.00 sq mts of tiling.
i normally supply the adhesive but this was a lead from them and they were already supplying materials.
if it was my job i would have quoted supply of 30 bags based on a level subfloor. In reality of course the screed is rarely level and to allow 2.00 sq mts per mt is what i expect to use on average, bearing in mind i am not just notching floor but solid bed tiles and levelling floor out.
I know why the tile shops only supply so little adhesive because they dont want the whole package from them to seem too expensive but the question i am asking is how much do you alllow for per sq mt.
i have been quoting against other tiling firms that allow less than half what i state and have lost jobs because i am being realsitic.

I

Ian

I always work on 4 m2 per bag, that's based on troweling with a 10mm square notch and back skimming. Always works out pretty close to that.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Re: amount adhesive needed per sq mt to fix limestone/porcelain on flo

I had the same issue a few months back, 15 bags supplied for 60m2 of slate that was between 10 and 20mm thick. Ended up using 35 bags!

Reaction score

6.6 m2 for me but i work with mosaic mainly 3mm thick bed lol, how thick do you guys go with adhesive before screed and addy ,or dare i suggest wet-fixing in S & C ??

nybor62

TF
Reaction score

i usually work on 3m2 for solid bedding , dont like to build up with addy , slc if needed

D

DHTiling

4 to 5 mtrs per 20kg... if a floor is that far out that you need to build up , then i SLC first..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score

The floor was ok but as the tiles got thinner I had to build up. Was using Dunlop large format and natural stone addy (which I wasn't a big fan of) but can be bedded up quite thick. Tiles ran though 3 rooms and trying to slc in sections as the tiles got thinner was far too impractical IMO

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Normally about 4m per bag with 10mm notch and back skim working on a level floor. It obviously varies if you have to pad out low points.

J

jonnyc

Seems I am quite alot out from most other responses.but I do level the floor .

P

Peter

Usually use a 12mm square notch & backskim method on floors. On a reasonably decent floor I would allow 4m2 onto screed/board but allow 2.5-3m2 to Ditra. Last job of 15mm marble on Ditra was giving me on average 8x 600x600 tiles with a drilbble left in the bucket - probably works out just under 3m2.

Reply to amount adhesive needed per sq mt to fix limestone/porcelain on floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen