Search the forum,

Discuss Advise- Damp looking patches on new Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
like dave says this is what we are up against, amatures botching jobs for a quick buck.

all off and start again with a decent tiler, the guy who did this is not up to the job, and owes you for the ruined stone.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As above dot and dabbed again, these idiots are taking work off real tilers:mad2:

Y

yetirider

Looks like I need a beer and some thinking time, can't see any point doing the floor until the walls are right.

Cheers Phil

D

DHTiling

Looks like I need a beer and some thinking time, can't see any point doing the floor until the walls are right.

Cheers Phil

Please do let us know how it goes.. i know it wasn't what you wanted to hear but the market place is full of this type of tradesman..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

My worry with this type of fixing is why dot and dab, if the walls are bad, prep the walls. I dread to think what thickness of adhesive was used, most single parts have a max of 10mm. Looks to me like you got 30%/40% coverage, with a heavy tile that is not good enough. Sorry for your dilemma, hope you get it sorted.

Y

yetirider

Last question if I may

Do I give this any chance of drying out or just get it off ASAP?

Sorry 2nd question

Does this also trash my marmox or will it be OK if i'm careful.

I'm off to the pub now to sulk and think.....

Cheers Phil

D

DHTiling

Hi Phil..

was it fast set or slow set..?

The main thing is, it is a white limestone and can stain quite easy and those wet patches cold well just stay like that.. the waiting game is yours but the longer it is left the more tensile strength the adhesive gains.. but if they are stained then they are no good now anyway..

T

The D

i think if it is rapid set the Marmox will be no good you may have to replace the lot. it may be a good idea to dip the new stone. that is to fully immerse the stone in a sealer this will eliminate any chance of staining from the back and also the sides. if the stone is that porous it may be vulnerable to staining from the grout but if you dip the stone this will not happen.* * *

Y

yetirider

The addy has a 4 hr set on the bag, first tiles have been on since Wednesday and stil have marks.

Reply to Advise- Damp looking patches on new Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen