Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on improving my latexing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spacey

I use mostly Uzin and some Ardex
Refuse to use Fball as there awful green primer 131 is terrible

I always use same manufacturers primer and compound

Best to stick to a system

L

LM

Where are uzin tremco and fball at price wise lee?
It literally comes down to who you buy it from and how much Bussiness they do with that manufacturer, so the price of these products can vary a lot from that and promotions that may be running at any one time. These products are all priced to compete with each other at source at the end of the day. I find myself maybe using Tremco for several months then I could be over to Uzin or FBall etc etc from a different supplier for the next few months depending on these factors. The soft flooring trade goes through a hell of a lot more of these materials than hard tiling so the volumes that these products are stocked in by suppliers at different times can greatly change the price they can offer at any one time. I try to buy at least one pallet at a time as a minimum so I do haggle and shop about. In wide open areas a floor layer could typically lay 8-10 times more area in a day than a tiler so the volumes of material used is far greater hence the ability and necessity to haggle and shop around. What I would say is though that most soft flooring products aren't necessarily designed for hard tiling demands. A lot of the products have depth limits of 10-15mm per coat whereas typically a good 'tiling leveller can goto depths of 30-80mm because the demands of a tiler is for a flat floor whereas for a Floorlayer it's more important to a certain extent to be smooth more than flat, hence the comments above about laying soft flooring on 'glass'.

K

Knifey_Spoony

I like to mix a minimum of two bags a time if the floor's big enough, I push the poured levelling mix into the corners with a trowel then let it flow back a bit and then tamp it with a straight length of 2 x 1 pse, usually a 5 foot length does it for me.
Do you let the 2 x 1 rest on the ground and pull it or raise it up a bit and pull it?I tried doing that briefly with my spirit level but it didn't seem to work for me very well.

S

Spacey

Mate that's the worst screeding advice I've ever heard. It didnt seam to work coz it won't. Sound more like block paving lol

Reply to Advice on improving my latexing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen