Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for neating up tile edges left by professional tiler. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi there
Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been left with some untidy edges to tiles and I’m looking for an easy solution to fix and improve the appearance myself.
The tile had to be cut and the edge that has been left is not neat. The tiles are also different heights on the back wall in the 2nd image, and the grout is messy too.
Any ideas and advice welcome to help improve the edge.
I challenged the tiler once complete that we wanted it neater, but I was met with that’s just how it ends up when you have to cut the tiles.
I don’t want to pay for someone else to improve it ideally, so looking for suggestions to neaten and level up the edges.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7457.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7456.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7455.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 53

Kastar UK

Arms
Reaction score
Cupboards are fitted a bit tight , doors should cover the bottom of the cabs , pic 1 needs new tile cut , so do them all but could make a line equal thickness underside to neaten it up a bit ?

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Did you speak to your installer?

Reply to Advice for neating up tile edges left by professional tiler. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen