Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesives, grout prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Hi there, I currently use Topps for all my supplies. But I went into my local Al Murad store the other day. There prices for adhesives, grout, tiles etc were not just cheap but crazy cheap. I couldn't believe what they quoted me. I went back to Topps but they couldn't even think of getting close to the prices. I do still use Topps but I am seriously thinking of changing just purely price driven. Are there products cheap crap or cheap but good? Like most things in life cheap does usually mean crap but you never know. At least with Bal you know where you stand. Any help would be appreciated.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
bal and mapei both have good products,i use mapei due to the cost being cheaper and the quality is the same imo on most like for like products

P

prceramics

they use palace adhesives the exact same as topps own brand just in different bags

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
The guy was telling me about the one in MK being done up as well. I have used toppfix and that's pretty good adhesive. Does that go for there grout as well. They have a granfix in Al Murad. Sounds like it may well be worth giving it a try.

P

Perry

Hi there, I currently use Topps for all my supplies. But I went into my local Al Murad store the other day. There prices for adhesives, grout, tiles etc were not just cheap but crazy cheap. I couldn't believe what they quoted me. I went back to Topps but they couldn't even think of getting close to the prices. I do still use Topps but I am seriously thinking of changing just purely price driven. Are there products cheap crap or cheap but good? Like most things in life cheap does usually mean crap but you never know. At least with Bal you know where you stand. Any help would be appreciated.
as i have said before Topps prices are 50% above RSP so everyone else will seem cheap

P

prceramics

as i have said before Topps prices are 50% above RSP so everyone else will sMateeem cheap

Mate I mean it is really cheap its quite new so I think they are trying to get the trade in so we send customers there way

P

paulhugget

I have been using al murad for years for all my mapei products and felt they have been cheaper then other tile suppliers , the service I feel I get is fantastic , i have been and will be sending my customers to them for years, plus the guys go the extra mile for me and my customers.

Reply to Adhesives, grout prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen