Currently reading:
adhesive for underfloor heating

Discuss adhesive for underfloor heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tim000

hi,

I am in the middle of tiling my bathroom floor. i am using NMP boards, then UFH followed ultra SLC. Which adhesive would you guys recommend to stick the NMP and tiles down with. i am going to screw the NMP, but my floor boards are a little bit bowed so would like to glue them down as well just for added peace of mind. Is there an adhesive i can use to do both jobs? I know i need a flexible adhesive suitable for UFH but there are so many different manufactures and such a wide range in price that i am a little unsure as to what would be the best for my installation.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
i have already cut the boards to fit, can you recommend an adhesive that would work well?

you can use tile adhesive but like I mentioned above you lose NMP warranty . Not the end of the world i suppose... The rep told me it is ok to,use tile adhesive just like hardi ... But prefer you to,use the megga adhesive and if the floor is cupping etc then use a few more runs of megga grip.

S

SJPurdy

With the Hardie boards the adhesive layer is only a gap filler, it is the approx. 35 screws per board that hold the board solidly down to the floor (and filler).

With the NMP it is the foaming mega glue that holds the boards down. The 8 screws per board hold the board down in place while the glue expands and then sets. If there is some slight cupping in the floor boards then I would use a few extra runs of the mega glue so that all areas are supported/glued. If there is more than a slight cupping then I would use another type of boarding.

S

Stef

With the Hardie boards the adhesive layer is only a gap filler, it is the approx. 35 screws per board that hold the board solidly down to the floor (and filler).

I know they say the adhesive is only a gap filler but have you ever tried to rip up Hardie after it's been stuck down?
I spoke about this a while back & the adhesive is more than a gap filler, I found this out myself when I had to replace tiles as the outlaws changed their minds about where the tiling was stopping.
I only took up a small section (900x300 roughly) & it took me ages.
You could in theory take all screws out of the Hardie after adhesive has set & it wouldn't budge.

Reply to adhesive for underfloor heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement