Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive depth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JLM Tiling

What depth are we looking at if using a 10mm solid bed trowel, trowelling the floor and the backs of the tiles? Trying to work out a large quote and dont wanna be short on adhesive as it's special order!

S

Stef

We normally use a 20mm round notch trowel. Even though its a 20mm notch its only 10mm deep, its 20mm between teeth.

I always work it out at 5m2 per 20kg of Bal rapidset flexi/ Weber spf.

We do get more than 5m2 but we dont buy it & we get whats left. :thumbsup:

I always price floors at 5m2 per bag even on private jobs.

J

JLM Tiling

Cheers Robson, yep 20mm is the one I mean! Is that 5m2 even with back buttering?

S

Stef

Cheers Robson, yep 20mm is the one I mean! Is that 5m2 even with back buttering?

Buttering or skimming?

Either or i always put it down as 5m2 per bag. If i was totally honest to the site agent i would push that up to 7m2 but its in my favour if i need to start packing out a hollow in the floor etc.

S

Stef

you will achieve full bed contact with back skimming if your floor is flat.

I try & keep back buttering to when i need an extra pack if parts of the floor arent so good.

Reply to Adhesive depth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen