Discuss 6mm Orbry Boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Well, when I started reading your thread of Orby boards I instantly thought of Tilefixdirect. Just tried adding 3 sheets to my basket and it changes it to 10. But there's no notice on the site that I can see to suggest you have to purchase pack sizes.
That's very disappointing, I used to use them quite a bit. But for marmox lol

C

Colour Republic

Orbry is HTW (Hampshire Tile Warehouse) own brand. Tilefix and errr I forget the other websites name, is their online presence. All their physical stores are down here on the south coast. And because it's own brand you are unlikely to find other retailers selling it.

So no use moaning to Orbry as its all one and the same.

Tile backer boards normally have to be shipped on a pallet making delivery expensive on such a small order. It's fine when buying in bulk or is part of a larger order already on a pallet. But 3 boards on its own? There are plenty of online retailers that won't ship small orders of tile backers.

V

vala

Bri - I think exactly the same. As I mentioned to the chap at TileFixDirect what if I was in the same situation but from up north? Not really the sort of customer service I'd expect tbh.

3_fall - yes I'm ex Royal Engineer. I do like to maintain the same brand where I can if I can get all the products there.

AliGage - to be fair to TileFixDirect it does state on their site the minimum orders required for each size of sheet however you would assume that if you have already hit that quota it wouldn't be an issue to have singles. The 10mm sheets have a minimum order of 10, but once you hit that you can add on 1,2, etc as you wish.

In all honesty I would normally just send the whole lot back but tbh its 3 sheets and by doing that it will put back my schedule. Plus I've already sorted the shower tray and drain in the wetroom.

I'm surprised the Orbry rep has as of yet not replied either on this thread or via PM.

Reply to 6mm Orbry Boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay