Discuss 6mm Orbry Boards in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

V

vala

Hi all.

Along with a full first floor refurbishment I'm building a wetroom in my property and using Orby products to help achieve this.
My wetroom is fairly small and after fitting the Orbry shower tray I would suffice with 3 sheets of 6mm (1200x600) to complete the rest of the floor area.
However even after purchasing 20 sheets of 10mm and a fair few other items from Orbry they won't sell me just the 3 sheets I require which is a massive pain!
If I can help it I would rather not deviate to another brand but if push comes to shove I'll have.

Before this happens does anyone know of any sources I could get 3 sheets from?
Just been speaking to TileFix and Orbry (which appears to all be the same company) and the chap there was very unhelpful. He just stated that aside from a few places down south there was no where closer to me where this could be sorted. Or not even chuck the 3 sheets on with the 20 10mm sheets I've already ordered.
Seems to be quite a poor service considering if you lived up north and required a similar amount you too would be stuck.

P

p4ulo

Try these people - Lilley Tile and Stone
Lilley Tile & Stone,
Unit 4, Herne Business Park, The Links, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 7FE
01227 362612

Seems their website it under construction / maintenance atm, but I've bought Schluter products from them per metre before, maybe they can help?
Otherwise, it sounds like you might need to mix?
Or check out Ebay?
I'm sure I bought a single piece of Marmox 40mm from somewhere, so people do try and help if they can.
Have you looked at Marmox, very nice stuff!

Here you go:
1250 x 600 x 6mm Insulated Construction Board

V

vala

I'll give them a call.
If I need to mix I'll just go with hardiebacker ones and get them from Topps Tiles. It would be great if I could have them this weekend as I'm aiming to have the floor in the 2nd bedroom, landing and wetroom insulated.

P

p4ulo

Oh right.....Yeah, I would've recommended Hardie but I assumed you were interested in the light-weight sexy cutting stuff?
That U-Heat link delivered next day I'm sure they did.

V

vala

3_fall - yes, they said they won't add the 3 sheets as it needs to be a minimum order of 10.
I've tried contacting Orbry via the forum and am still waiting on a reply for a previous question (which I have since found the answer to).

p4ulo - I would have liked something else but tbh I'll be waiting out on it till definitely next week as I'm busy now and won't be able to sort it till this evening/tomorrow.

O

Old Mod

Well if u are still waiting for first order then it seems a bit unreasonable, that's if they haven't already left for delivery!

V

vala

3_fall - according to the chap from TileFix even if the delivery was still with them I would still be required to purchase a minimum of 10 boards.

I

Ian

That's ridiculous, what happened to customer service? There must be someone somewhere that can supply what you need in single items! It would be interesting to hear what @Orbry have to say on the matter. I use suppliers that are happy to send out 1 tube of silicone if that's what I want/need.

O

Old Mod

@vala,
Ex military aren't you?
Me too, so I get the desire to get everything to have everything tickety boo!
But I know what I'd do!
That must cost them trade, surely!
Schluter and Wedi can be bought in single sheets.

Reply to 6mm Orbry Boards in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks