Search the forum,

Discuss 600x300 ceramics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kapitan

get a 10mm round notched floor trowel and using your angle grinder bore it out to 15 to 18 mm!! works great on large format on walls or floor greatly reducing the need to backbutter!!

T

tony TLC

a larger trowel is good carefull not to go beond the depth of the rec.thickness of adhesive,if the walls are very good go for up to a 10mm trowel if the walls are rough dont tile it.large tiles and rough walls dont mix

C

Concept PHT

Make sure your weight to plasterboard ratio is correct. 32kg psm.

Use a powder for these too. :)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
For this size tile on uneven walls you would have to use a 10mm trowel and back butter the tile as well or use a 15 - 20 mm trowel with cement adhesive as a full coverage of adhesive has to be made on the back of the tile

T

tjsmiler

Deffo cement based adhesive and deffo 15mm trowel (min) no need to back butter.

If walls are minging, swear loudly, rub your forehead, sigh, swear again, go get a cup of tea, then start to make them good.

Don't just pack the dents in the wall with adhesive, your asking for trouble if you do this mate, especially with large tiles.

Reply to 600x300 ceramics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen