Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with colour discoloration in tile grout for porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter Hougham

I am getting white marks and pale patches in a beige grout. I am being recommended to use porcelanose colour stuk rapid tile grout. I am unable to find mixing specification that I am certain of. One internet site recommended using latex instaed of water . Any useful comments? Thanks

P

Peter Hougham

Grouted 3 days ago. I do not think it is efflorescent- could be polymer leach

D

DHTiling

It does sound like polymer leaching from over wetting when washing off..

Was the grout left to set up before washing off ad what washing of method was used.

P

Peter Hougham

Yes the grout was left before washing off as the tiler said it would gave pulled out the grout. The white was there before any washing off and subsequent washing has not reduced it.

Reply to Problem with colour discoloration in tile grout for porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen