Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way corner joint tile trims needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RobInHerts

Hi all.

Does anyone know where I can find 3 way 'corners' for tile trims?

I am using 9mm chrome tile trim (Homelux) along the top of my tiles as I am only tiling to 2/3 the height of my room.

I have now come to a 'boxed in' water pipe section, so need to use the trim vertically on a 90 degree external corner which will then meet the trim at the top of tiles.

A three way corner joint. Homelux only appear to make corner joints for corners from 2 directions!

Many thanks,

RobInHerts.

R

RobInHerts

The problem I have is the two corner joint I have doesnt quite fit in the right way.

The trim im using is curved, but in a certain way, so that the two corner joint would be ok for a 90 degree corner on a flat so when you look at the trim it is a square, but not 3 dimensionally (does that make sense???)

But I need one that will go round the corners of the boxing, so that my vertical trim can then but up beneath it. Some have suggested doing some clever mitring / cutting of the verticle trim and then the two horizontal trims can meet it at each side.

Is this feasible or just too difficult?????

regards,

RobInHerts

F

frogeye

Hi
see here http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/cutting-tile-trim-3-way-mitre-with-pictures.3605/

as Turkish said - it is a pain in the butt, but it can be done - see the excellent post above

My only advice is, if you have to do it, ( and I am an advocate of the natural look ) allow plenty of scope for making good on the angle - in other words , don't expect to use a piece of trim cut to length and make the mitre cuts 1st time - it took me 3 goes - then I trimmed the other end to fit, job done, but never again (literally!!)

frogeye the friendly gardener

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Varley

3 way corner trims are on the market, they are just extremely hard to get hold of, best suggestion is to form your own using the technique in the tutorial above.

R

RobInHerts

Thanks for the help.

I shall go and attempt it.

Looks quite tricky!!!!!!!!!!

Worth it in the end!

Regards,

RobInHerts.

:thumbsup:

B

brian c

you can use the corner piece and but the cut piece of trim up to it as someone has said above just overhang the tile slightly at the wall end so that you dont see the cut return piece.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think it's worth perfecting the 3 way mitre.
I took a few hours out one day and kept practicing until I'd got it nailed.
DSCF0259.jpg

Only had to use it once so far though

Last edited:
P

pjtiler

I think it's worth perfecting the 3 way mitre.
I took a few hours out one day and kept practicing until I'd got it nailed.
DSCF0259.jpg

Only had to use it once so far though

would,nt it be quicker just to mitre the tiles

Reply to 3 way corner joint tile trims needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen