Search the forum,

Discuss 2008 new year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

So what plans have everybody got for next year, new truck maybe, charge more money... any ideas!!!:crowngrin: oops still got my party hat on

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Enduro, I plan to get my accounting work out of the way then have a big drive to promote my tiling business. I want to turn over £30k this coming year in my tiling.

Grumpy
----
.....Once I have got over my Tennis Elbow.:15:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CLAYS TILES

tennis elbow grumps, ru sure its not elbow grease you need instead? (lol):stupid:

F

frogeye

Don't know about tennis elbow -

Is there such an injury as tilers finger?
Or tilers wrist for that matter?

I think I am suffering from both - agony

frogeye

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Frogeye mate, know where you are coming from with the finger thing. I found after my first few jobs that my fingers ached quite a lot and the muscles had got bigger below the knuckles. I think it is because of the "sliding, twisting" action we impart to the tile when setting into the adhesive!
Maybe your wrist is doing stuff it doesn't normally do, if you get my drift.:grin:

Grumpy

R

Ric

afternoon guys,i've been to doctors with pain in left wrist just above my thumb! turns out its tendonitis since staring the tiling!!!! no pulling the policeman for a while then...:wilted_rose:

F

Fekin

The plan for this coming year is to promote my tiling a whole lot more as I've hardly done any this year, and also do a plastering course and with a bit of luck be able to offer tiling and plastering.

Also I keep saying I could really do with a van, but parking is bad where I live, so Im not quite sure on that front... but for plastering, it's going to be difficult to do that using a hatchback and keeping it summit like normal.

On top of that, leaving my shift job and being self employed again is also the other goal I'd like this coming year.

C

CLAYS TILES

Hi Frogeye mate, know where you are coming from with the finger thing. I found after my first few jobs that my fingers ached quite a lot and the muscles had got bigger below the knuckles. I think it is because of the "sliding, twisting" action we impart to the tile when setting into the adhesive!
Maybe your wrist is doing stuff it doesn't normally do, if you get my drift.:grin:

Grumpy

wot ru implying then grumps?:eek:ut:

The plan for this coming year is to promote my tiling a whole lot more as I've hardly done any this year, and also do a plastering course and with a bit of luck be able to offer tiling and plastering.

Also I keep saying I could really do with a van, but parking is bad where I live, so Im not quite sure on that front... but for plastering, it's going to be difficult to do that using a hatchback and keeping it summit like normal.

On top of that, leaving my shift job and being self employed again is also the other goal I'd like this coming year.

i'm with u fekin m8, i'm hoping to tell the people without fathers @ work politely where they can put there lorries:dita:! & i don't mean on the m6!
more advertising is defo! i need to atleast match wot i'm on now a yr & thats 26k, so i need to get the work in! good luck to ALL NEW tilers in their quest to become FULL time tilers!
:thinking2:good luck & happy new year to one & all :54:

G

GazTech

I've got the kitchen and the bathroom to do from scratch,the steel polisher that lived here before we did....destroyed both rooms himself to add value before selling it....he tried to impress the wrong guy....lol

W

White Room

To stop buying tools just because I think it may make my life easier, My transit is getting full up:yes:

V

Varley

Exactly the same position as you mate, and that is the same reason I don't have a van, no parking however I am moving house in Feb and my new house has drive and garage, woohooo!!! Also want to do a plastering course.

I

IvegotsTILE

Might do quick plastering course,upgrade on a new wet & dry cutter plus hopefully get a van. Keep plugging away at getting the work cause things are going quite well at the moment:thumbsup:

B

brian c

Might do quick plastering course,upgrade on a new wet & dry cutter plus hopefully get a van. Keep plugging away at getting the work cause things are going quite well at the moment:thumbsup:
as above,what you thinking in the way of a van Si?

Reply to 2008 new year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen