Search the forum,

Discuss 1mm cut off disc other uses in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

So it passes for as it says a multi purpose blade.
It does what it says on the tin!.
As long as you don't have high expectations. :)
Personally, I use a different blade for every material type.
Experience has shown me that if you use a blade on porcelain and then on a subsequent project use the same blade on stone, the next time you use it on porcelain, it won't cut with the same high level of finish. Swapping between materials with the same blade only impedes its performance.
Ergo....a multi purpose blade, will never have a high level of finish on any material, just a passable one.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You wouldn't necessarily have high expectations from a multi purpose blade, however they have there place. They are not claiming to be a high end product.

O

Old Mod

You wouldn't necessarily have high expectations from a multi purpose blade, however they have there place. They are not claiming to be a high end product.
Well this is where your 'fit for purpose' statement comes in isn't it.
'Fit for purpose' is a purely subject statement. What's 'fit for purpose for one person, is a pile of rubbish, for someone else.
IMO it certainly wouldn't be 'fit for purpose' in my tool kit.
But a diy'er may have higher expectations than me.
Then be sadly disappointed. #justsayin :)

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I said "you would expect it to be fit for purpose" . I don't think Norton is aiming this blade at the tiling professional, it's a multi purpose blade. I have used expensive diamond blades for cutting copper pipes,metal trim etc, ( because of convenience) no doubt to the detriment of the blade. Therefore a blade like this l think has a place in the toolbox " along side all the others". Just my take on it. :)

I

Italy

I just hope you do not talk seriously.
otherwise you have to keep it open
the hospital doors ..
and then explain to your insurance,
how did you do.
best wishes to all those who want to try.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As long as you don't have high expectations. :)
Personally, I use a different blade for every material type.
Experience has shown me that if you use a blade on porcelain and then on a subsequent project use the same blade on stone, the next time you use it on porcelain, it won't cut with the same high level of finish. Swapping between materials with the same blade only impedes its performance.
Ergo....a multi purpose blade, will never have a high level of finish on any material, just a passable one.
Even marcrist do a cut it all blade. Page 29 cut any thing.
http://www.partscenter.co.uk/wcssto...hRes/std.lang.all/hu/re/Marcrist_Brochure.pdf.

Last edited:
B

Blunt Tool

IMG_1014.JPG Page 29

Reply to 1mm cut off disc other uses in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen