Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 120m2 Garage Floor Tiling Price Check in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

moomarine

Hi again all

If you were going to quote for a 120m2 garage with 600 x 600 porcelain tiles what would your m2 rate be? The garage is newly built and will be latexed over the screed. Included in this 120 m2 area is:
- 70m2 garage floor
- 20m2 hallway + toilet and cupboard
- 30m2 of tiled upstand around the wall of garage area. (2 x 600 tiles high)

My reason for asking is basically the guy is absolutely minted and this job will look awesome on the portfolio especially if he lets me take a photo of the garage housing the Fararri, Lamborghini and jag (This is no joke) doubt hel allow a photo of that though!:D Also if I get the job and they are happy with the work it will get me a lot more work with his contractor who is on the search for a new tiler. So I think what I'm asking is would your m2 rate be reduced and how much by to get the job? my current m2 rate varies dependant on the job and anyone who has read my previous posts on here about pricing knows I'm still learning and have made mistakes on the charging too little front!!:weary:

I

Ian

If it's a nice flat floor and you're sure he's not dangling the "there's more work to follow" carrot, then £25 per m2 would be a decent labour only price, £30 if you included adhesive and grout.

M

moomarine

It's is a nice flat/level floor which will be even better once they put the latex on it. So the labour only price you say is £3000. See where I get my prices all wrong is that I look at that price and thinks it's too expensive but that is based on my previous line of work as I would only earn £3000 for a whole months work before tax and I can't see this taking anywhere near that long. Maybe I'm just undervaluing myself?

B

bcd-87

If it's a nice flat floor and you're sure he's not dangling the "there's more work to follow" carrot, then £25 per m2 would be a decent labour only price, £30 if you included adhesive and grout.

I'm with Bri mate.. That's a lot of work don't do it for nothing.. And don't believe the BS of I have lots of other jobs and I have lots of friends who want work done..
As for the contractor best ask why he's looking for a new tiler ?? Has the other guy left because of payment issues or just too busy..

M

moomarine

I'm with Bri mate.. That's a lot of work don't do it for nothing.. And don't believe the BS of I have lots of other jobs and I have lots of friends who want work done..
As for the contractor best ask why he's looking for a new tiler ?? Has the other guy left because of payment issues or just too busy..
Fair one! I agree with that! The contractor is the employer of my brother in law and uncle and apparently he's alright but again not going trust in anything like that and just take it as the single job and see what happens.

J

Just Rizzle

this is not an easy job hes putting a few ton of metal over your tiles so there has to be no voids beneath these tiles or they are going to break. you also say its a new laid floor and flat has he laid it in sand and cement or is it anhydrite? ether way you need it to dry out , or your trapping moisture beneath the tiles which can cause them to debond.
as your new its easy to see pound notes. but this type of job can bite you if it goes wrong how long a guarantee are they after 2 yrs? 5 yrs?
I personally would recommend a decoupling membrain

M

moomarine

I think it is sand and cement, it was my Mrs uncle who did it so will ask him later. As for the decoupling membrane sounds like a good plan. Is it always used for car showrooms etc or just EXTRA protection against the tiles breaking under the weight of the cars? Not that this makes any difference but I'd hope his farrari and lambo are made of some sort of feather light carbon fibre so I'd hope I'm heavier than the cars going on it! Lol :laughing:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Didn't you do one with an f1 car sat on it ?

I

Italy

I think it is sand and cement, it was my Mrs uncle who did it so will ask him later. As for the decoupling membrane sounds like a good plan. Is it always used for car showrooms etc or just EXTRA protection against the tiles breaking under the weight of the cars? Not that this makes any difference but I'd hope his farrari and lambo are made of some sort of feather light carbon fibre so I'd hope I'm heavier than the cars going on it! Lol :laughing:
FERRARI, FERRARI,FERRARI,FERRARI FERRARI . not farrari ahhahh :)

I

Italy

It's is a nice flat/level floor which will be even better once they put the latex on it. So the labour only price you say is £3000. See where I get my prices all wrong is that I look at that price and thinks it's too expensive but that is based on my previous line of work as I would only earn £3000 for a whole months work before tax and I can't see this taking anywhere near that long. Maybe I'm just undervaluing myself?
Starting already with the wrong foot ;)

I

Ian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

M

moomarine

So bri did you use decoupling membrane or just tile it direct to the sand and cement?

Reply to 120m2 Garage Floor Tiling Price Check in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks