Search the forum,

Discuss 110v or 240v in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brinkley

i want to know what other tilers would buy even if most of your work is only domestic i think its a good idea to buy 110 tools and have a transformer what do you guys think?

T

Tecnik2000

Hi,Brink well now you only really have a small dilemma. One question really. Will you ever use your tools on a site? If the answer is yes & only once, you know it will have to have 110v or be prepared to borrow .I know the tranny is a pain,but the 110 motors last longer,& you can't afford to turn down jobs. Some customers are impressed too with your safety in mind attitude. All my first quality gear is 110 & I've bought some cheap stuff over the years as a second set in 240 for smaller jobs...

P

peckers

I bought all 240v when i started but i only did domestic then i started working on building sites and i couldnt use my gear! some sites did let me use a circuit breaker and some said i could use it if i supplied my own genny, so between doing that and borrowing some stuff i got by, but over the years i have been replaceing it with 110 as the old wore out.
Get 110 to be on the safe side you can use it any where :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

my kits all 110v

carting a tranny about is a pain and ive started buying 240v for domestic but I still use a breaker for safety

110v looks professional

D

doug boardley

all my gear is 110v, that way you have the option of site or domestic work, so in fact you're open to 2 potential markets:thumbsup:

S

Scott

Total opposite im afraid!

All 240, never wanted to lug the transformer around and never needed to go on site. I did look at it for kitchen fitting when approached few years ago but was needed own genny and replace tools.

Most of my stuff is battery now with the exception of planer, wet cutter, mitre saw and router.

Also with all the new regs on electrical saftety and breaker shut off times i cant see how 240 isnt allowed on site now.

G

Gazzer

240 is allowed on site with a breaker

problem is finding a 240 supply to plug into

Only if the building company say so. I am reading documents for an upcoming job and it specifies 110v ONLY.

Amazing how the site office kettle will be 240v though :mad2:

S

Scott

And isnt there a restriction on the length of cable too?

Also if its on site, the whole supply will be on a breaker anyway!

Reply to 110v or 240v in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen