Search the forum,

Discuss 100w/m2 or more for timber floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilfredolimb

Hi,
I've been hearing and reading mixed views on the wattage of UFH to use on my bathroom floor, (joists + 22mm floor boards)
I thought 100w/m2 was max for this, but i've been told 150 or even 200w/m2 can be done, which will also heat the room nicely.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Wilfredo

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Wilfredo,

On a wooden / plywood floor we never recommend installing more than 100W/m2, which will be fine if you want floor warming.

If, however, you want to heat the room then whether 100W/m2 is sufficient will be down to the heat loss of the room. If your room is modern construction with good insulation and you are heating 80-85% of the total area of the room then 100W/m2 would normally be sufficient to heat the room.

If you need to install greater power, i.e. 160W/m2, then install 6mm or 10mm insulation boards on the floor before installing the heating.

200W/m2 is normally only used for conservatories.

Hope this helps.

If you need any further help, please contact me.

Peter :thumbsup:

Reply to 100w/m2 or more for timber floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen