Search the forum,

Discuss You learn something new everyday in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bigandy

BEEN TILING FOR ABOUT FIFTEEN YEARS AND ONLY JUST FOUND OUT WHAT BAL STANDS FOR!!(Building Adhesives Ltd) NOT THAT IT WILL CHANGE MY LIFE. SORRY GAZTEC.

ANYONE GOT ANY OTHER TILE RELATED ACRONIMS?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

murf

Gaz, do you remember Bal tad. Ithink it was b.a.l.'s first tubbed
addy. Orange in colour and stank to high heaven.I hated it as a lad
as i could never keep my joints clear of it.

G

GazTech

The first tubbed addy Bal Tad, it is now Blue Star....and the first powder was CTF1, is now CTF3...both products are still used from when formulated in 1966, although they have been modified a bit since.....Gaz

P

pjtiler

h&r johnson set up BAL after they bought richafix adhesives in the early sixtys there 1st batch was green in colour came in metal 4 gallon tubs and was awfull to use

G

GazTech

h&r johnson set up BAL after they bought richafix adhesives in the early sixtys there 1st batch was green in colour came in metal 4 gallon tubs and was awfull to use
This is incorrect, BAL was formed by the British Ceramic Tile Council in 1962 as a research and development facility for polymer modification of tile adhesives....Gaz

B

Branty

This is incorrect, BAL was formed by the British Ceramic Tile Council in 1962 as a research and development facility for polymer modification of tile adhesives....Gaz
I knew you'd have the text book answer. Top of the class for Mr Walmsley.:grin:

Reply to You learn something new everyday in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen