Search the forum,

Discuss Wood Effect TIles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JIm738

Hi - I am looking to tile my downstairs with a wood effect tile. I have seen some nice ones in B&Q called (suprisingly) Wood Effect. Having read a few posts though it seems B&Q are not well thought of.
I have read about another tile called Alpina by Colorker?? Has anyone used these? Has anyone any comments in general on the wood effect tiles and wood anyone know who sells the Colorker tiles in the UK? I have searched on the net to no avail.
Thanks,
Jim

J

jimbob

Hi,

Try this link for Colorker stockists:

The Tile Association directory of Suppliers of Colorker

Don't know what your budget is but amtico do some lovely wood effect flooring. I have seen it laid and could not tell it was not real wood, plus its waterproof and virtually damage proof. Laid like a tile but I think the wood effect ones come in same shape as normal laminate flooring.

Jimbob

D

doug boardley

doug-boardley-albums-crimbo-eve-picture2399-hallway-crimbo-eve.jpg

these are the ones I did my hallway in, Novabell Wenge I think they're called:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

Doug,

Is the missus allowed to wear sharp heeled shoes on those tiles? How hard wearing are they?

D

Deleted member 9966

extremely hard wearing Liz, my friday night stilettoes don't mark them :lol:

That's sorted it then :hurray:

After Project Bathroom and Project En-suite are completed :)ninja:), Project Dining Room, Project Utility Room and Project Hallway will commence - all with wood effect tiles :thumbsup:

JIm378, let us know when you find the tiles you're going to have and post some pics on here when the floor is done so we can see how good it's all turned out.

:driving:

J

Jim738

Thanks for all the replies people. Doug, do you know what make those tiles that you have are?

D

doug boardley

Novabell Happywood Porcelain Wood-Look Tile
try this link jim, mine are the wenge ones

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Jim - With tiles from B&Q you get what you pay for - and on some occassions - value for money!
From what I've read on the forum the B&Q problems relate to a larger black porcelain tile.
B&Q have introduced an order only range of tiles which are now extremely expensive - but different.
If I'am right with your thread you are looking for a ceramic/porcelain floor tile that has a wood effect pattern to it. That is what Doug is showing in his hallway and will be suitable for domestic and light commercial wear.
I doubt if you will find a vinyl tile such as Amtico with the same properties.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

J

Jim738

Porcelain tiles are exactly what I want. The b&q ones are their "order only" ones. They are 29.99 a square meter. I have no idea if that's cheap or not?

D

d noulton

hi jim 738 I used the b&q wood effect tiles today no problems looked very nice sorry no photos

D

doug boardley

I did. They look exactly what Im looking for. Can't find a price though?
maybe go to a tile shop with the name of the tiles and see if they can get them at a good price? I think I paid £28 per metre, but I get a 40% trade discount....

Reply to Wood Effect TIles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen