Search the forum,

Discuss Who Is Right in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

There will be tolerances on levels (as will there be on the flatness and size of the tiles) - be careful of saying he has done a rubbish job.

B

Bill

Yes.......I suspect no matter what anyone says against your view, you will not take on board what they say.

J

J Sid

if he had put a a silicon joint between tile and wood as he should would you have noticed problem's anywhere else?

I

IanA2

if he had put a a silicon joint between tile and wood as he should would you have noticed problem's anywhere else?

Not quite sure what you mean. In general yes there were other problems with his work/attitude.

If you mean specifically in relation to the tiling, then the problems are as described. 1. They are laid unevenly across the floor, and 2. there are gaps under both under the T&G where not skirted, and also under the skirting where skirted.

ETA: Sorry just realised you were asking if silicone had been applied between tile and wood. It was.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Imo the job looks exactly what you would expect from a multi trader....not saying all multi traders are like that before some on here jump down my throat..
So have you paid him.?...if not with hold payment till your happy.
If he thinks the job is satisfactory then he may take you to court to get payment .
You may need to get an independent survey done by the t/a and that could cost up to £1,000 !!

I

IanA2

Imo the job looks exactly what you would expect from a multi trader....not saying all multi traders are like that before some on here jump down my throat..
So have you paid him.?...if not with hold payment till your happy.
If he thinks the job is satisfactory then he may take you to court to get payment .
You may need to get an independent survey done by the t/a and that could cost up to £1,000 !!
Unfortunately there were other problems with the job. We'll see how it pans out.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As mentioned before, A neat silicone joint between wood and tile would vastly improve things.

Also, this: "No they are not brick bond, which reminds me, he laid the tiles with the length across the threshold ie like _ rather than | which I found irritating as I always thought tiles should be laid length-ways as you enter a room" is total nonsense i'm afraid.

just saying

:):tongueclosed:

I

IanA2

As mentioned before, A neat silicone joint between wood and tile would vastly improve things.

Also, this: "No they are not brick bond, which reminds me, he laid the tiles with the length across the threshold ie like _ rather than | which I found irritating as I always thought tiles should be laid length-ways as you enter a room" is total nonsense i'm afraid.

just saying

:):tongueclosed:

As stated before, there is a silicone joint between wood and tile. The pics you see are the pics with the silicone.

Not sure why you think laying tiles length ways, and not vertically across the threshold of a door to improve visual flow, is nonsense. Ask any floorer how you lay a floor.

Reply to Who Is Right in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen