Discuss Where would you finish tiling? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
I have a bathroom just now that's half height tiles above the bath. I am changing the bath and also fitting a shower mixer, bath will be switched around and shower mixer will go on the left wall.
So I am going to continue the tiling to the ceiling for the shower area in the bath.
Please see picture of the area and let me know where you would finish tiling.
I had thought just the left end and long wall but not sure how it would look.
The waste stack is in the corner.
IMG_20191018_223546.jpg

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'd probably just do the shower wall and main wall but are you removing the existing tiling or continuing up from it? That would dictate some of it with how the existing trim work is. At the stack as it's overhanging you would need to do the return also.

Iirc those tiles are Johnsons, CTD sell them and they are called Autumn something, can't remember the full name. If they are the grey ones then they are called shadow something 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yep as @Dave says, multi tool will cut that pvc trim easy if you don't mind butting up some other white trim to any bits your are continuing from. I've done it quite a few times as all the new builds here are only coming with that tiling, I haven't found a match for their white trim though, just been using genesis.

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
Thanks all, I have the tiles they are from porcelanosa, I will cut the trim and continue it up and then cut off any old shorter bits and run new lengths to finish.
So would I just leave the trim that's on the half tile at the stack and then just finish long wall with silicone above it?

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I would do, if you don't like it you can always add the stack in afterwards đź‘Ť

Reaction score
I have a bathroom just now that's half height tiles above the bath. I am changing the bath and also fitting a shower mixer, bath will be switched around and shower mixer will go on the left wall.
So I am going to continue the tiling to the ceiling for the shower area in the bath.
Please see picture of the area and let me know where you would finish tiling.
I had thought just the left end and long wall but not sure how it would look.
The waste stack is in the corner.
View attachment 110554
full height all around bath if having a above head height shower especially as spray and steam will at the very least get on to all walls within the bath area.

Reply to Where would you finish tiling? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks