Search the forum,

Discuss What trowel and tile spacer should I use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

8mm for your wall and 10mm for the floor is sufficient. When you push the tile into the notched glue it will compress, but i dont know why the tile manufacturer would state no more then 5mm glue.

Bite me:lol:

Are you planning on laying the walls tile staggered, like a brick pattern?

No, end wall should look like this bath.JPG Havent decided about floor though.

What style do the tile edges have? Sharp or rounded?

The are a tiny bit rounded, but I would say it is sharp more than round:lol:

V

vrytir

what material are the tiles , ceramic , porcelain or other, use a powdered addy , not ready mixed 2mm spaces walls 3mm floor what is the substrates of the walls and floor
These are ceramic tiles, I will be using flexible powdered addy Substrates of walls are stud walls and plastering. I am thinking if I should exchange stud wall, and put hardibacker boards instead. Floor will be hardibacker or marmox board (using flexible addy, for tiles floor heating)

M

MTiler

With large formats I use 3mm spacers on floors and walls, but always ask the customer if they have any preference for narrow or wide joints. Theyre rarely all exactly the same size so 3mm gives you a bit more leeway to even out the joints.
Ive started using a smaller trowel (6mm) with large formats and applying the ady to both the walls AND the tile for good coverage

Reply to What trowel and tile spacer should I use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.