Currently reading:
What size of tile cutter to buy?

Discuss What size of tile cutter to buy? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

C

colmic

Hi
I have one more question. I have Monti 63 and going to sell it. Want to move to sigma. Just dont know what size to buy. What size of tiles is mostly used? i know it is stupid question, just don't want to buy a cutter and after some time regret it cause it's short. And don't want to buy the biggest one ( money / manipulation). What would be the best compromise?
Or in other words, if you must have just one cutter, what size would it be?
Thanks for opinions.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Easy question to answer:

SIGMA SERIES 3 C2M MAX TILE CUTTER 74cm.

I only tile upto 60x60 but you need a bigger cutter for diagonal cuts. The only exception to size is a wood effect porcelain tile which normally go upto 100cm for which I have a cheap 1mtr cutter off ebay.

You know yourself what size tile you normally tile with. Good luck with your purchase.

I

Italy

Why not biger size (90 cm or 100 cm)
If I'm willing to pay for 100 cm size, what disadvantage does it have in comparison to 3C3M (72 cm). Or those 30 cm are useless?
because it is too big and heavy, Use only the 100cm would be physically annoying and cumbersome.
the 100 is ok if you also have the 63 / 65cm, which is the measure most used by me.

T

Tile Shop

When I wanted to buy my first cutter, was advised to get a 1200 sigma to cater for a lot of the larger stuff that is available now. Due to not fitting anything that big just yet and working in tight spaces, I went for the monti 63 (only cuz I couldn't test the sigma and it worked out cheaper) as it will be more manageable on the smaller format projects. But if you get the 1200 and have the room to use it, you're covered for pretty much anything that comes your way.

I

Italy

When I wanted to buy my first cutter, was advised to get a 1200 sigma to cater for a lot of the larger stuff that is available now. Due to not fitting anything that big just yet and working in tight spaces, I went for the monti 63 (only cuz I couldn't test the sigma and it worked out cheaper) as it will be more manageable on the smaller format projects. But if you get the 1200 and have the room to use it, you're covered for pretty much anything that comes your way.
paul, you have raised still 1200?
would you have second thoughts. ;)

Reply to What size of tile cutter to buy? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.