Search the forum,

Discuss weberset spf question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

you missed copying
"Using the thin-bed method and following all applicable industry standards, set the tile or stone covering directly on the Schlüter®DITRA 25 in such a way that the tile adhesive becomes mechanically anchored in the square, cut back cavities of the Schlüter®DITRA 25 matting.

notice the mechanically anchored and not chemically fixed.

but if fitting, say gulf stone who recommend a two part adhesive or the TM equivalent as favoured by many members on here, Schluter say you mustn't use these adhesive on ditra due to these adhesives bonding / chemically fixing to the plastic and stopping the product uncoupling.

Also care should be taken if laying tiles "immediately" after laying the ditra. un-cured adhesive sticking the ditra mean tiles can't be lifted without pulling the ditra up.
I just checked the Schluter web site installation instructions for ditra 25 and it is still as I stated. I understand what you are saying regarding not to bond to the plastic (with for example a two part addy) but there is still no warning in the online fixing instructions.

Reply to weberset spf question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen