Search the forum,

Discuss water running down the side of the bath in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr T

Just wonderd what the best way to seal a bath when theres 20mm gap between the bath and the wall.. I dont fancy bringing the wall down just to bring it forward so was thinking of getting some quadrant trim and sealing it in?... Not my tiling btw lmao

M

Mr T

Yes mate and wasnt tiled by a tiler so thats the reason the tiles dont come up from the bath... But is the water always gonna run down the wall or could I seal it up?

M

Mr T

Well if free standing means the legs underneath yeh its only a stud wall so its not attatched il put a pick on now if it will let me

M

Mr T

http://i41.tinypic.com/348g560.jpg ive had to upload it to a picture site cuz i cant figure out how to attatch an image... someone has tried to just silicone it in and the waters just running down the side. would a nice sized quadrent trim and a but of silicone do the trick?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
That's a fitted bath not free standing mate.

Is there any movement in the bath back to fron, and do you know if it has been fixed in anyway to the wall by batten, bracket or glue?

I

Ian

Mate, that's a mess. The bath isn't free standing, it's just badly fitted. You won't be able to use a quadrant unless you remove the bottom row of tiles, as the quadrant fits in behind the tiles like any other tile trim. Your best bet is to remove the bottom row around the bath, fit it properly back to the wall, then tile, then silicone.

M

Mr T

Move the bath up to the wall you mean? Or fit the trim in and cut tiles to fit above quadrant once sealed in?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh I got ya mate sound

M

Mr T

the front side of the bath has a stud frame for support but the back side has nothing the legs are screwed down to the floor... Will there be enough movement in the copper pipes to move the bath over?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It should of been bracketed back to the wall. Certainly if it's plastic.

Could you get a silicone nozzle down the gap between bath and wall if you removed all the old silicone?

M

Mr T

I cant see any sort of support other that the timber frame around the front of the bath and underneath where the taps are... yeh I could get a nozzle down there

Reply to water running down the side of the bath in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen