Discuss Was That The Summer Then? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems we've had the summer and it's gone now then. Maybe?

What's the weather doing your way?

O

Old Mod

Just finished raining here in Kingston, supposed to be brightening up as day progresses. Showers expected around lunch time then pretty clear for the week. Temp of high teens today, 23 tomorrow then 25-26 for rest of the week, so no summers not gone, hopefully!
Still working outside from tomorrow.
image.jpg

Reaction score
It's rained here today. And next weekend it's going to rain. And rain. And rain. And rain.

It always does here whenever there's a Glastonbury Festival. Then the rest of the year we have a drought.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooo Glasto. One I haven't been to and do keep meaning to go.

W

WetSaw

The weather was the main reason for moving here. About 18 months before we left I built a patio with a pergola over it in our garden in a spot to get the evening sun. It started raining just as I finished pointing it and we had dinner on about half a dozen times in 18 months.

Reaction score
Oooo Glasto. One I haven't been to and do keep meaning to go.

Glasto has always been an "alternative" music festival. But there is no doubt it has become "Glastonbury Festival Ltd" in the last 15 years. Still you can find some truly bizarre things off the beaten track there. It's still a lot of fun for the townies on tour and no matter what you go there for, it has a unique atmosphere. I reckon I worked there about a dozen times, but not been since about 2005. If you can get a ticket, just pack a bag and go (don't worry about a tent, use someone else's).

D

Dougs Third Go

warm(ish) here today in lakes, took the dogs to work although they had to spend a big chunk of the day in the back of the pick-up,,regularly checked on and parked in the shade, but was relieved come 2:30 and time to get them home.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Glasto has always been an "alternative" music festival. But there is no doubt it has become "Glastonbury Festival Ltd" in the last 15 years. Still you can find some truly bizarre things off the beaten track there. It's still a lot of fun for the townies on tour and no matter what you go there for, it has a unique atmosphere. I reckon I worked there about a dozen times, but not been since about 2005. If you can get a ticket, just pack a bag and go (don't worry about a tent, use someone else's).
I used to go V festival and Carling Weekends (Leeds or Reading) every year. They're similar I guess but better weather.

Reaction score
Frankly I always thought that reading had much better line up than Glastonbury. But then I love rock music and Reading always has a good rock quotient.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that's a bit more rocky. I'd be more old style V which was less pop than it is now. Used to have indie, rock, dance (seen faithless own the whole show a few times, no matter what people are into they always went to watch faithless).

The streets were good there too. He was sponsored by Adidas and told everybody to hold up and shoe and throw it. 50,000 people were walking around for the rest of the weekend with odd shoes or no shoes at all because they couldn't find one that would fit.

Reply to Was That The Summer Then? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks