Search the forum,

Discuss Using Ultimate Stone sealer as a grout sealer?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

I might need to seal some grout on a job tomorrow,but don't fancy the 60 mile round trip to get a tin of aerosol. The writing on the back of a tub of Universeal Ultimate stone sealer that I have buckshee sitting in the back of the shed says it can be used on grout as well.
Has any one used it this way before?

Q

Qwerty

Yes, no different to when sealing a whole stone job including grout really. I used a microfibre cloth wrapped over the end of my finger and kept dipping it into the sealer as & when required (that was with large format tiles so not too time consuming). With larger runs of tiles (say a splashback in glazed metros) then you can roller or wipe it over it all then buff off with a microfibre cloth before it dries on the face of the tile. Have done this before too with no issues. Test it on a spare tile first though and see if it wipes off ok after 5 minutes (or long enough to soak into the grout)

O

On one

All sounds good Plan Tec. I'll probably have to roller it and then buff up as it is 30m2 of 600x150 floor tiles with Bal MM2 pebble grout.
Just need the answer to the question.....does it darken the grout?

Q

Qwerty

Not the sealers I use, but I have no experience with Universal products. Shouldn't do from reading their online spiel. Test it in a small inconspicuous area first maybe?

Reply to Using Ultimate Stone sealer as a grout sealer?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen