Search the forum,

Discuss Used wrong sized trowel for shower walls in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good Evening,
I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have used a 1/2 x 1/2 trowel, but used a 1/4"x1/4" trowel. I back buttered and troweled each tile as well as the wall. I pullled up tiles every so often and always had good coverage of the back. The tiles were very hard to pry up and took a lot of force. Should I be worried that this mistake will cause issues down the line?
I understand why improper trowel size may cause issues on a floor where there is a lot of force and weight, but if the wall tiles hold strong will it really matter?
Appreciate any insight you may provide

Rutters

TF
Reaction score
Main thing is you checked you had good coverage. You also back buttered the tiles. Providing the walls were prepped properly before you tiled, then I wouldn't worry 👍

Reply to Used wrong sized trowel for shower walls in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen