Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating self levelling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

cfrazerg

Hi,

Im installing underfloor heating in my new house. The dining kitchen area is 50m2 a large space .Ive put plywood down and screwed every 200mm and now just put insulation boards down styrofoam Blue boards. Im going to put the matting down and pour self levelling compund down but dont know what is the best to use . Because of the large space I want it to be not overly expensive also Ive heard you need to use fresh mixing buckets or the left over aggregate sticks to the bottom. In would be grateful for any help on this matter as its the first and last time ill probably do this.

Thanks

Chris.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would use tilemaster of weber flex....

never used a new bucket for every mix myself.....and ive been doing it for over 30 years.
as long as you don't leave it to long between mix's you should be fine, if not just wash the bucket out every 3rd mix..or so.

I

Ian

Get a helper, 50m is a big area to do on your own. Have someone mixing while you trowel, there won't be a long wait between pours that way.

P

prceramics

is it just me that thinks the 5 mins you have to mix for is the longest 5 mins ever lol yeah i agre with above give the bucket a wash out every 3 mixes :)

S

Stef

Get yourself a Bal mixing bucket, it's got a measure bar on the side so is really easy to mix the exact amount of water needed.
Good, robust buckets aswell for pouring out the slc.
My buckets are almost dead but they have lasted over 2 years.

P

prceramics

Get yourself a Bal mixing bucket, it's got a measure bar on the side so is really easy to mix the exact amount of water needed.
Good, robust buckets aswell for pouring out the slc.
My buckets are almost dead but they have lasted over 2 years.
yeah good buckets topps sell them

Reply to Underfloor heating self levelling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen