Discuss uncallibrated riven slate, opus romano in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doug boardley

Just been given a 25m2 kitchen floor for next week, 25m2 of riven uncallibrated riven slate. Normally I'd clean slates up,grade from thick to thinner, seal and then lay, grout and then seal again. However given the Opus Romana pattern, I can forsee more lippage than Mick Jagger on a sulky day:thumbsdown: To combat this I've decided to fix tiles (working clean), remove excessive lips with a fine bolster, then seal, grout and then seal again after grouting. Just curious as to how you other guys would tackle this scenario.:thumbsup:

E

enduro

I would do the same...I have riven slate on my kitchen floor, it was here when i moved in. And it is the hardest floor to keep clean!! Thank god its multi coloured and not grey. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hi doug
I would still seal before installing , then bolster lips out - i would say i sharpen my bolster to a fine blade to get best results then reseal bits i take off , thats the only difference .
But iam sure your way as good as any other

Reply to uncallibrated riven slate, opus romano in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks