Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

I just spent a week up at NETT, doing the 4 day and natural stone courses. Not the nearest centre to me (about 5.5 hours in the car) but definitely worth the drive. So much gets crammed into the week; it goes well beyond the basics, and gives you all the knowledge you need to work out any job.
The advice Darren gives on the business side of things is invaluable, half of it would never have even occured to me in a million years!?! Lots of food for thought, which i'm still digesting now.. :yes:

My only regret is that i didn't buy that Plasplugs wet cutter, i've not been able to find a better saw for anywhere near that price... Doh!

My thanks to Darren & the rest of the team :thumbsup:

Last edited:
J

JC tiling

well its the 2 day of my course at north east tiling ans im loving it!!

H

heatybob

hi all,
Just compleated the 8 day course at NETT and there is not a great deal more to add.I can only reiterate what is said in the previous 19 pages.
I dont wanna sound "melowdramatic"but Darren has got together a group of people and with no doubt a great deal of hard work on their parts,has developed a course that he teaches in a rather unique way,that is fast paced,very informative and a lot of fun (so its gorra be worth doin).if you are willing to learn these people can change your lives,be sure of that!!
By virtue of the fact you are reading this you must be thinking of doing the NETT course,do yourself a favour,STOP thinkin an hit the buy button,the cost of this training is an investment,an investment in yourself and there is no better investment than that.
So without further ado,take a bow "team NETT":grouphug:

TRACEY-unfortunaly only met briefly,but the pleasure was mine,
DEBS-ahh the geordie miss moneypenny! so very helpfull,even helped me
sort out b&b,travel,even giving her the money for the course was a
pleasure lol
COLIN-never far away in the workshop,always there to help, proper nice
fella,best of luck to you col
DERECK-aka catweasel,does the plastering 30odd yrs in the trade,another
nice guy
PAUL- as colin above,takes the 3 day advanced course which is excellant i
would not have thought you could learn so much,must say a
massive thx to paul (also does the plumbing course which is a must)
DARREN-the tilers guru,not a lot more i can say about this guy,just listen
an you WILL learn.and yet another all together nice guy

so there you have it,sorry for the long post, My advice to anyone thinking of a tiling course is get on the blower to debs now,and do yourself a favour.:yes:
ged:thumbsup:

J

JC tiling

just finished the 4 day tiling course and the 1 day natural stone course... which is a must.. deffo going back to do plumbing course, when i walked into that unit i thought **** i have to tile that and i admitt it was a bit intimadatin but with the uniqe way that darren delivers this intense course i would have no problem walking in to a punters house and tiling there bathroom or there conservatory and laying some natural stone down..!:hurray: thanks for the help and advice and to all the staff at nett.
YOU HAVE TO SIT BACK AND REALISE THE WORK THAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENES ASWELL AS WHAT YOU LEARN!!!! JAMES

U

user123

I admitt it was a bit intimidating

oh, roll on Dec 1st, my turn then!!:hurray:, glad you said that about it being a bit intimidating at first, I'm really quite nervous already (of being the first ever Dodo on this course!), but then, before my knee packed up , I used to go rock climbing and every time you look up a cliff face you think, oh, ....heck...., and then it's ok, so I just have to trust it... Darren, just so you know, I haven't slept properly for ages because of all this! :lol: Really!

S

Scottish Mark

Hi i Was on the nett course back in april 2007 fantastic highly recommended ok there is a lot to take in but if you listen and really take in what is said and write everything down you will be fine. Darren keeps everything simple and easy to understand so that you leave with the confidence in yourself what ever you decide to do.:yes:

B

benney the bosh

:hurray:Just finished my tile training at the best center in the country N.E.T.T. this center is a must if you are looking for a professionally taught stright to the point no messing around tiling course.

Darren has all the knowledge,techniques,and expert skills that he will pass on to all that attend the course.The explenations and demostrations are first class and you are only taught the skills that are important to the job and no time is wasted.The course covers everything you need to know and is intense but is thought in such away that it is very easy to understand.

For anyone serious about tile training then there is only one place to go N.E.T.T. dont forget that they also do a Natural stone course and there web site gives all the information about all the courses that they run.

Thanks again N.E.T.T. :thumbsup:

D

Derry

I admitt it was a bit intimidating

oh, roll on Dec 1st, my turn then!!:hurray:, glad you said that about it being a bit intimidating at first, I'm really quite nervous already (of being the first ever Dodo on this course!), but then, before my knee packed up , I used to go rock climbing and every time you look up a cliff face you think, oh, ....heck...., and then it's ok, so I just have to trust it... Darren, just so you know, I haven't slept properly for ages because of all this! :lol: Really!

i'm on the course Dec 1st too! guess i'll see you there :thumbsup:

B

bignose

I did the 5 day course in August. Its great, listen to the sales advice. It doesnt matter how good you tile if you cant win the jobs. I have done work from saving a diy disaster to a full bathroom refurb. All my customers have been very happy with my work and I am earning plenty. Thanks to you all at nett and good luck to all the newbies, be positive and go for it.:hurray:

N

nathanf

Hi all, I've just finished the 8 day course and even before I've done my first job I believe it will be the best investment I've ever made! The first week was fast & furious but the results are excellent. The second week was more laid back with lots of hands on tiling. I also did the 2 day bathroom installation which again was very interesting and learnt at lot from it. I will help a lot and make it easier when tiling bathrooms.
Darren..an inspiration
Paul..a legend (cheers for second week mate, loved it!)
Debs..what can I say? you're a gem!
Thanks to all.

U

user123

Well hello - new smilies and all seasonal, cute!

ANYHOW, the NETT tiling course was BRILLIANT!!! Hard work, intense, speedy, thorough, but loved it and having kind of withdrawal symptoms today! Darren is a brilliant teacher and managed to inspire even the most uninspired, shame he can't afford to put the blooming heating on though!

Seriously though, it's been great, learnt heaps and am now going through the tiling in our house with a brutally critical eye, poking at everyting saying that's s****, technical term forever embedded by 'THE INFLUENCE'...

Learning how to silicone properly though was the icing on the cake for me, what a gem and could elevate any teacher to near sainthood! Can't wait to start the ensuite shower room after Christmas, a glorious mosaic that will be surrounded by perfect tiling, mitred trims and smooth as glass silicone, oh yes.....:daisy:

D

Derry

He might look like simon cowell and he might drive hair stylists car but darren delivers an excellent course!
not much you can add that hasn't been said but having done the 4 day course and then the natural stone course (doing the bespoke design course in feb) the info and knowledge he gives is fantastic.
In the the 5 days, everything that is needed was covered. it's all the background info you need and thats what he delivered fantastically and backing it all up with notes so should anything not sink in then the info is there somewhere!

Without doubt he is the best teacher i have ever had and i have had loads at all levels (school, college, university, courses) the way the course is delivered is great and it makes alot more sense now than before i started.
Confidence is the key and thats what he installs.

Thanks to darren, colin, deborah and tracey

Last edited by a moderator:
G

geordie_pride

Just finished the 8 day course at NETT and I thought it was brilliant! Darren certainly knows his stuff and is excellent at teaching the business side of things as well as the actual tiling skills.

The first 4 days are very fast paced as there is a hell of a lot of information to take in. Day 5 is the Natural Stone course and is mostly theory work but it is essential really.

Week 2 (Mon, Tue, Wed) is the advanced course and is much more laid back than week 1 as you are able to work at your own pace. You will be surprised at how fast you actually work though!

The teaching staff at NETT are top notch and Debra & Tracey make cracking brews! I would definately recommend NETT to anyone looking into doing a tiling course.

Thanks to Darren, Colin, Paul, Debra and Tracey.

Steve

S

sambilly

Did the NETT course in September, what an eye opener, an absolute must for anyone considering a career change or just for the diy'er. From walking in the door and being welcomed by Debbie to leaving on the Friday after the Natural stone course it was the most informative week ive had in my working life. The info that Darren delivered will stay with me for a very, very long time, not just the way he delivered the tiling course but also the buisness side of things. If your considering this course you must listen, listen and listen some more, it comes at you like a run away train, but hang in there it all comes together in the end and if you do, you will be given the confidence, knowhow, and drive to change your way of life, if thats what you want. Before this course I would'nt have had the confidence, let alone the skills to take on the jobs that I have done, but throwing myself into situations and going through the processes learned, both buisness and skill wise, I,m getting there.
The course is delivered in such a way that everything sticks in your mind, maybe not at first, but when you go away and go through the "bible" it will all come back to you.
I would definately consider one of Darren's other courses, i,m pretty sure they will be delivered in the same profesional manner as the one I attended.
Many thanks to Darren, Tracy, Paul, Colin and Debbie and hope to see you in the near future. Keith

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks