Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

nicola

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

I finished my tiling courses a couple of weeks ago and although I am feeling totally confident with my tiling now i couldnt quite work out how to post a message on here until now.:whatchutalkingabout
I completed the 4 day course first and then followed it up with the 3 day extension course and to anyone who has any inclination to do any sort of tiling at all I couldnt recommend them enough. :yes:

During the initial 4 day course I couldnt believe how much I learnt, The course is fast paced but Darren and the team explain everything so well that you always understand what's going on and before you know it you are completing things you would never think possible in a short course. After 4 days I emerged totally knackered but feeling really confident about my potential as a tiler. And just in case I forgot anything I had the bible of the course, all the lesson notes from each day to refer back to. :thumbsup:
Because I hadnt done any tiling before the course I also decided to do the 3 day extension course to enhance my skills and really benefited from this.

There is no classroom based work on this course its all in the workshop and it was great to be able to attempt more challenging problems with the benefit of having the team there in a learning environment. The work we completed during the 3 days was fantastic and has really taken me onto the next level. For anyone who is thinking of a career in tiling I would totally recommend these courses. I would also just want to say a massive thankyou to all of the team, Daren, Tracey, Paul, Colin, Deborah and anyone else I might have missed you were all brilliant and made something that could have been difficult, really simple. :hurray:

R

redeye1979

Just a quick note saying how enjoyable and excellent i found the course, i have just came home after doing the 4 day course last week and was amazed at how much i learned in those four days, from the minute i pulled up on the car park tracey came and introduced herself and from then on i felt relaxed and entusiastic about the days ahead, darren was brilliant, very approachable and very switched on and clued up and you could tell also very experienced, I was sceptical about beig able to learn so much in four days but i needn't ahve been, the course is delivered in such a way that if you're listening it's impossible not to understand. also i'd like to thank everyone on the course (28th apr - 1stmay) for making it such a pleasure to be away from home for the week. There was alot of laughs which made the week go by quicker. (mostly from neil)

Anyway i'm back for the natural stone on the 23rd may and looking forward to it, Once again many many thanks to Darren, Tracey, colin and paul for all your help in making it a fantastic week. I'd reccommend this course to anyone, (apart from west cumbrians who could take my work) LOL!!!

T

Tulsa

Finished my 4 day course and one day Natural Stone course approximately 2 weeks ago and can honestly say it was the best course that i have ever been on(having been on many courses during my life) and i cannot believe how much practical and theoretical knowledge i left with. Darren,Tracey and the rest of the staff are amazing teachers and school you not only in the practical aspects of tiling but the setting up and running of a business. After finishing the course on the friday i was totally shattered by the time i got home but full of every possible confidence about starting my own tiling business and since finishing have been busy promoting,advetising and carrying out quotes. Truly i cant thank Darren,Tracey and everybody else for everything that they taught me and will be eternally grateful. If i was going to give any advice it would be firstly pay for and complete the one day Natural Stone course,it will in time pay for itself and secondly dont look at or pay for any tools until attending the course and viewing the ones sold by NETT,great selection and well priced. The course itself and the tools was some of the best money i ever spent. Cheers Darren,Tracey and everybody else at NETT.

p.s Darren porsches are definitely for Hairdressers.(Only joking cracking motor)

P

Paul Martin

North East Tiling Training

Completed the 5 day course with NETT four weeks ago now inclusive of the natural stone installation and, just completed the 3 day advanced wall & floor tiling course last week.
Everybody asks the question how can you learn to tile in a short space of time, the answer is simply within the delivery of content, knowledge and experience of the trainers...Anyone out there considering this course and questioning the viability of a short course and if it will deliver value ? I can highly recommend it.

Its not a walk in the park, it will be hard work fast paced and not for the feint harted, that said it is also a lot of fun and does deliver exactly what it says on the tin. The additional 3day course is intensive practical tiling and if you can complete the exercise's here then, you will be able to handle any situation. A huge confidence builder of real value.

A big thanks to Darren, Tracey, Paul, Colin and the rest of the team.....

regards,
Paul

D

davy583

North East Tiler Training

This course was brilliant; it had every thing I was looking for and more. The course went much further than just the tiling side of things. Darren, Tracy and the rest and the staff looked after every person on the course and supplied a friendly yet very professional course.
A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL
David Dawson

I

Imano

I can only agee with everybody elses comments on here. I did the 4 day course and the 1 day natural stone and can`t believe the amount of knowledge I received in this time. The teaching is provided in a first class manner and the tips and tricks are amazing. I had done a few jobs for myself before but after doing this course realize how much better and quicker i could have done it. Even if you just wanted wanted to do diy, this course would be a worthwhile investment. But at the same time if your looking for a serious career change this course will provide all the knowledge you will need to go out and earn a living. I can`t recommend this course enough, if your considering a course this one won`t dissappoint. Just look at the amount of positive feedback on this forum.
A big thank you to darren, tracey and the rest of the team for making it an enjoyable week.:thumbsup:

J

James_H

Hello - So, I finished the four day floor and wall tiling training at NETT last week. Fantastic. It's pitched at the right level for a whole range of people.... I was a complete beginner, but there were plenty of people that had done paid tiling jobs previously on the course. The direct no-fuss and fun teaching methods, worked well for novices like me, but for sure also illustrated to the more experienced how they've been doing it wrong, or how they can benefit from huge efficiency gains. It's a short course, and quick paced. However, if you simply listen hard, and pay attention, you'll have the skills and knowledge required to get stuck into tiling as a tradesman... AND businessman. Darren, Tracey and team are clearly enthused throughout the whole course, this is evident in the informal and thorough education they provide. I definitely recommend this to those starting out.

Their facilities in Southshields are great, and it's nice to see your own handy work on the wall at the end of the course. I certainly had the confidence after the 4 days to get stuck straight into this, and started my first tiling job on Sunday, immediately after the course.... I also got trade discounts on the adhesives and grout etc, as explained on the course. Very happy with the results of my tiling, and eager to get stuck into the next one, to improve and get some good experience.

Cheers
James

D

Dontomasino

Hi, Just want to leave a quick message- This is a fantastic course that delivers exactly what it sets out to. I read a few feedbacks before going on the course so won't repeat all the praise that has already been heaped upon Darren, Tracey, Colin and Debra. I will say that Darren is one of the best teachers I have met and I will be back for the extra 3 day course. I have a few jobs lined up already and am very confident about completing them professionally. The best advice I could give about this course is LISTEN TO DARREN and also to ask any questions(except on Friday afternoon when everyone else wants to get away) no matter how daft they may seem - you will always get a constructive answer - I am living proof of that. All the best to Darren, Tracey Colin and Debra, I had a great week even though I was very ill.:thumbsup:

S

scone2006

hi i went to nett a few months back and fully fully enjoyed it i set up my own buisness and left my boring old factory job put an ad in my local paper and have landed it lucky i guess i have loads and loads of work to get through , the only reason i am on here is because i am off my work with a bad cut to my left index finger due to a stanley blade ripping half an inch or flesh from my nuckle ,:furious3: i am off for to a couple off days , so i am on here to get my daily income of tiles lol

T

tillysbloke

North East Tiler Training.

Have been a bit tardy in posting this, but a big thank you to Darren, Tracey and all the staff for a great confidence and skill building course. Has given me the ability to sell my skills balanced against not biting off more than I can chew. Am not in my first flush of youth (56), but would highly recommend the course to anyone of a similar age and contemplating a total change of direction. Darren and his staff are very helpful and patient complemented by a friendy and no pressure atmosphere. Have given out a few quotes up to press (hopefully getting the jobs !) nonetheless its a good feeling being able to give potential customers good advice from the knowledge gained on the course.

K

kevemo

got back from the NETT course on friday

got back friday night after the 5 day course with my head full to bursting point:grin: i know its been said before but Darren knows his stuff and gets it across fast and direct and spot on
there was a guy one the course aswell who fired question after question at Darren wich he answerd no probs
think i am gonna have this weekend letting my brain cool down as the last time i was in a classroom was 20 years ago
would recomend this course to anyone as you go home with the confidence you need to go out doing the job
1 word of advice dont go in the pub for a few pints on the thursday night thinking youve done the course :lol:cos friday is just as full and you need a clear head

K

kevemo

without sounding like a broken record this course is top notch
its fast paced an direct and a bit overwelming on the first day but dont let that put you off as by the 4th day it all starts to drop in place and you start to realise wot you thought had gone over your head has actualy gone in and its all good stuff you learn with all the crap taken out:thumbsup:

S

Scruffa

This is a really good course. :thumbsup:

It is a faced paced intensive course and you'll work hard but it's well worth it in the end.

I liked Darren's Straight talking no nonsense approach and the other instructors really know their onions. Tracy and the other office staff are really friendly and helpfull too.

I'd also recommend the extension course as it builds on skills learned on the beginners course. I'm well pleased with what I've achieved on this course.

Cheers,
Scruffa

T

tile a plumber

I have just completed the 4 day tiling course with North East Tiling and also the one day natural stone course followed by the 3 day extension course all of which I would thoroughly recommend :thumbsup:

Darren and his staff were very helpful throughout the courses, and the knowledge I gained was second to none. The girls in the office are so friendly and can't do enough to help you, which is much appreciated.:hurray:

I had no prior experience of tiling, but since the courses I am confident I can start up my own tiling business. The skills and knowledge Darren teaches throughout all three courses are invaluable.

The 3 day intensive course was brilliant because you learn the skills to overcome the day-to-day challenges on tiling jobs and also to be able to design and create your own work of arts.

I cannot recomend this courses highly enough, particuarly the 3 day intensive course which is like the icing on the top!!

Many thanks
from Alex in Germany/North Shields

C

chaz622

I have to say there was quite a volume of information to take in and the end of the first day I was pretty drained however once you go onto the practical stuff it all falls into place and Darren starts to make much more sense and is actually a good bloke and teaches you in a relaxed manner and will educate you far more than you thought possible just go on the course as a sponge and absorb all he has to teach you and you cant go far wrong.

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks