Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mags

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

Just finished the four day Tiling course which was hosted by our lovely compare Darren. (whos Red btw ;) )

Just Like to reiterate what most have said , I have experience with tiling in mates and family homes aswell as my own, but if I had known what I now know id have started on my own years ago.

The course was well thought out , yes it was fast paced and my head was spinning at times, however with the notes Darren provided and the explanations he gave along with demonstrations and practicals , it all made sense. Bear in mind he is giving an amazing amount of knowledge in a short time and you need to listen and study!!

I have showed friends including a mate of mine who was a tiler (until his knees gave in) the results of the training in photo form , all thought it was a great job and I am proud of what I achieved.

Id urge anyone to visit NETT and speak to Darren and Tracey a they both are very positive people and give you all the tools you need to become a businessman :thumbsup:.

Thanks again Darren and Tracey and Ill see you both next week on the plastering course :hurray:.

G

Gary Gregg

hi just finished the 8 day course which covers bespoke tiling and natural stone. darrens methods are second to none, and i was amazed at how much i could learn in my time there. the course is very well structured and i would reccomend it to anyone, as i can guarantee you will learn all you need to know, also how to structure your business Thanks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

G

g.clough

ive just completed the 8 day bespoke course and i would highly recommend this course for anyone who is thinking of setting up as a self employed tilier as this course takes in everything you will need to know from business structure , banking , dealing with customers tiling training and much much more so a massive thank you to darren and tracey for having me on their course and all the hard work they put into making my stay at north east tiling training an excellent one ,you 2 are stars also a big thanks to their staff , derek , paul and colin who where always on hand to help and answer questions , top blokes , thanks again , george clough :thumbsup:

S

Smithy153

I've now completed the 8 day bespoke course at NETT. Its a fantastic course and covers a vast amount of information and there is plenty of knowledge to take on board. I really enjoyed the 3 day bespoke course taken by Darren. We covered a lot of stuff in the 3 days and felt they were invaluable. All the advice regarding setting up the business is really helpful. Anyone with some determination wanting to get into tiling this is the place to go. I travelled from Coventry to complete the course having read the feedback on this site and it was a worthy journey. From my first phone call to Tracey to book my course to the support available on completion. Thanks guys and i'll be back for the plumbing soon the course looks great.

S

Scottyboi

Hi Folks, I would just like to say what has already been said many times before on here, I thought the course at NETT was really good and valuble experience for me. I done the four day tiling followed by one day natural stone day. Every part i found really interesting and i am looking forward to giving tiling a go as my new career.

Thanks to Darren , Tracey and Colin for all their help and advice.
Hope to speak to you again soon.
Scott from Aberdeen. :thumbsup:

D

Dale44

WOW.... What a great course at nett.
I have just completed the 8 day tiling and can honestly say that the knowledge and training received was worth every penny.
Having attended many college and training centres for plumbing, plastering, a useless 5 day tiling and many engineering courses, this was easily the best one.
Don't think the courses are to short to learn, you will get all of the knowledge required to start out in the tiling world.
Having paid out for courses in the past and got very little from them, I spoke to Darren first about the structure of his courses and read feedback on this forum about other peoples views on nett, before driving 220 miles and spending 11 nights away from home.
Anyone who is serious about wanting to learn tiling, this is the course for you.
Darren, Tracey and all of the staff are very helpful, and easy to walk to.
Thanks to you all for excellent course.

A

Apollo1

Just a post to say Thanks to Darren and Tracey and the rest of the gang. I would recomend this course to anyone and I also added plastering and plumbing too. Completing my 1st full bathroom refit now and I haven't hit anything that wasn't covered on the courses.

R

russ kidd

North East Tiling Trainig

Just finished at NETT and would like to say what a great experience it was. The family atmosphere and friendliness makes learning an enjoyable experience.
Darren does not want to turn you into a tradesman, he will give you the knowledge and expertise in tiling to turn you into a businessman. His approach and honesty are very refreshing and the course content is excellent.I have been doing handyman type jobs for years and wanted to skill up on tiling and plastering. I did the 8 day tiling course and the 4 day plastering course. With some skills in tiling i had the opportunity to view the progress of some of the other students on the course. The transformation over the first 4 days was remarkable. Darren took complete novices and with a mixture of enthusiasm and pressure, and a desire to learn from the trainee, had them skilled up, and capable of tackling most jobs.
I have had lots of instruction over my many years, NETT is one place i would recommend to anyone and would defininitely go back to.

Thanks to
Darren, Tracy, Derek, Debra, Ian and the young trainee whose name i never did find out

M

mags

Re: North East Tiling Trainig

What did you say when Derek put his foot through your plastered wall :lol:

R

russ kidd

Yeah, i was not a happy bunny that morning. :mad2:

J

jamie dury

I have just completed the 9 day plastering & 8 day tiling course. Derek (plastering) and Darren (tiling 7 boss) were great and I learnt loads during the two courses. You are pushed hard but the results are worth it. All the staff are very helpfull and try and answer any question.

I feel very confident starting my own business in plastering and tiling.

I would recommend Northeast tiling to anyone thinking of doing a course in either of these two areas.

:thumbsup:

J

jimbob

Finished the 4 day tiling course last week. Wasn't sure how much I could learn in just 4 days from never having laid a tile in my life, but was amazed at how much Darren can teach in such a small amount of time.

The pace was brisk but all areas are covered and by the last day I was working twice as fast as the first day, with no difference in quality.

Well done Darren and I would recommend the course to anyone :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS. Decided against doing the 1 day natural stone course as I am just doing this for DIY purposes, not trade, so didn't think I would need it. Sods law, my wife was flicking through Topps Tiles brochure 2 days later picking out tiles for the bathroom, and she chooses flippin Travertine :mad2:

Z

ziotec

i have completed the tileing trainning at northeasttileing and it was great, what you learn is amazing and i cant wait to put my new skill into practice, the course is worth every penny you pay to go on it, and if anyone is looking to be trained as a tiler i would 1 million % reccomend you to do your trainning here Thanks everyone at NORTHEASTTILEING the traning has been amazing. Now its time for me to turn these new skills into a new job.

D

Dontomasino

I did the one week tile course last May and since that time only did two small tiling jobs, which due to the quality of the training were very easy, however i was earning well in my job so decided to stick with it for another year. I returned to NETT in October this year to do the three day advanced tiling course and felt it went very well. Although it took me a couple of hours to find my feet again I have came out feeling very confident of success in my new business. I jacked a 32,000 a year management job to go self employed, such is the confidence I have in my fledgling tiling skills. As most have mentioned the tiling skills are only a part of running a successful business and Darren spends a lot of time instilling the various other skills you need such as sales psychology, confidence and problem solving. I would strongly recommend doing the two week course to anyone thinking of a new carreer in the tiling industry, although you would still get by with the one week. All in all a great week.

Cheers,

Dave M.

p.s My brother done the week long plastering course and found it excellent. We are starting up together and already have some work lined up in the coming weeks.

Thanks Darren, Derek, Tracey and Debra!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks