Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss TTA checks in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Does the TTA check companies under their associations preparation work and website info?

I only ask because a tiling company in Essex who claims to be part of the TTA recommends to PVA existing tiles before tiling over them on their website..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

They did when I joined, not sure how this company has slipped through the net?

Reaction score
Just because they are part of the tta does not mean they are not plonkers ,! any of these organisations have a percentage of idiots, most associations are easy to get into mainly just buy your way in .....

S

Spud

Its not easy to get into the TTA, I went to the general purposes commitee last Wednesday and its where the approve or decline applications to join the TTA , like Phil says sometimes they slip through the net but I can assure you the company involved would have been given some excellent technical publications and have to agree to work to British Standards, there are loads of benefits to joining and it has benefitted my business .
There were several applications turned down and there were a couple deferred until they could prove they met the correct criteria

Reaction score
no it matters if you dont follow best pratice and cant prove it

All my work is always gets done properly ie. priming over boarding levelling uncoupling membranes
And is always photographed from day one to the finish.

I have a list as tall as me with customers happy for potential customer to go view.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

All my work is always gets done properly ie. priming over boarding levelling uncoupling membranes
And is always photographed from day one to the finish.

I have a list as tall as me with customers happy for potential customer to go view.
well you can put yourself forward dont forget trade refs only looking for tilers that go that exstra mile

Reply to TTA checks in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks