Search the forum,

Discuss trouble on a contract with knee pads in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
i was told i should use knee pads on a contract by health and safety 2 days ago . i refused and i was told to leave site has anyone else had this problem before.
i have tried using them but it just gives me a back ache ,

W

White Room

It's been a few years since working on site but never had a mention of having to wear knee pads

Reaction score
trying to find out if this is law, as i must admit never heard this one before, and what could i say never been asked before.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wearing knee pads is not law.

Carrying out a risk assesment on tasks carried out by contractors and subcontractors is law and if the level of risk dictates that Knee Pads are a sensible and reasonable precaution to limit the health and safety risk to the operative then they ought ot be worn. Deliberate failure to comply with these precautions would lead the employer to court for negligence and deliberate refusal of the the operator to comply with a reasonable request based on a suitable risk assesment would lead a subcontractor to a similar position. To seek a reasonable exemption would probably require a medical conditiona but this in turn would probably preclude an operative from fulfilling a subcontract anyway. I think......

Reaction score
as for suitable risk assesment on knee pads , i can tell you that i have never been comfortable wearing them as it causes me low back pain, reasons is that it alters my stance when kneeing , i know it may only be by 25-50mm from the floor but causes more problems with me, no one is the same and if you have never used them and dont have a problem then it should not be forced on to you by anyone,
I think its a issue for my doctor now and maybe legal,

D

doug boardley

after wearing knee pads all my working life, inserts and wrap arounds, I'm still waitng for the 7th operation on my left knee.... HSE can stick their mandates right up where the sun don't shine, because they know sod all!!

Reaction score
sorry to hear that doug , i have been lucky with my knees, but maybe because i never used knee pads and so my knees naturally became pads,

Reply to trouble on a contract with knee pads in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen