Search the forum,

Discuss Trim finishes on domestic tiled projects in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

It says image url needed??

Click on this button.....

Screenshot_20171009-072829.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Difficult one really......I've done them both ways, and imo either way you get issues, if you use 8mm trim then it leaves a lip on the top row, or you see the tile edge.
Which is why I always explain this and let the customer decide......
Not very helpful in your case I know, but if he gave you free disgration to tile how you see fit then that is what you have done.....
I would either offer to fit the trim at a small cost....
Or just do foc and chalk it down to experience..

R

"Retro Tile"

Difficult one really......I've done them both ways, and imo either way you get issues, if you use 8mm trim then it leaves a lip on the top row, or you see the tile edge.
Which is why I always explain this and let the customer decide......
Not very helpful in your case I know, but if he gave you free disgration to tile how you see fit then that is what you have done.....
I would either offer to fit the trim at a small cost....
Or just do foc and chalk it down to experience..
I offered to trim it at a further small charge he wasn't prepared to pay for work so far so thought I was insulting by asking for a further charge he tried to say my standard of work was substandard In hindsight i don't think he wanted to pay from the start.
Thanks Martin.

F

Flintstone

It is a bit of a personal decision, and personally I like to use square edge trim on the top as well as anywhere else such as external corners. There was a thread on this not so long ago.

Reply to Trim finishes on domestic tiled projects in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen