Search the forum,

Discuss Trim finishes on domestic tiled projects in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

"Retro Tile"

Hi All,
Fellow professional tilers im intrigued to here your views on finishing a tiled project with a trim, needed or not??
I have just done another cracking job for a customer 5 course high kitchen splashback in beige metro's 200x100 on this occasion I have finished the horizontal runs tastefully with coloured beige silicone it looks mega blends in beautiful the customer left everything to my discretion but now is refusing to pay me because he now says he wants trim, he seams to know everything even though he has nothing to do with the tiling industry I always assumed finishing a tiled edge depended on the aesthetic finish required, I am fully qualified in all areas of tiling even Bissaza, and I teach on the occasion has this has never happened before its made me question myself, any comments and input would be appreciated.
thanks Martin.

B

Blunt Tool

Are you saying you did not give any external corners a finish trim/mitre etc or top tiles and ends left no trim or silicone?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Take it you mean the top edge..?
Always difficult with metros as the vertical edge is 8mm the top 6mm
As always I explain this to the customer and let them decide.
If they say...... Do what I think is best, then a brown biscuit tile I would, white biscuit then no.

Last edited:
R

"Retro Tile"

I have a couple of photos Please could you advise me how to upload them as I'm new to this site.
Thanks Martin.

R

"Retro Tile"

Take it you mean the top edge..?
Always difficult with metros as the vertical edge is 8mm the top 6mm
As always I explain this to the customer and let them decide.
If they say...... Do what I think is best, then a brown biscuit tile I would, white biscuit then no.
Yes m8 the customer gave me a "whatever you think" job and yes, it is the top edge beige Tile, beige grout, beige silicone hopefully photos to follow if I can suss it.
Thanks martin.

Q

Qwerty

I have a couple of photos Please could you advise me how to upload them as I'm new to this site.
Thanks Martin.

Click on the 'Upload a File' button at the bottom of the text box, thèn once you have loaded them click on 'Full image'. It will then insert into your post. Then click 'Post Reply' as usual

Reply to Trim finishes on domestic tiled projects in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen