Search the forum,

Discuss Trim alternatives in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spreadz

Hi guys,

looked at a job last week, the customer isn't massive on trim/beading.
They have had new kitchen install and want sage metro wall tiles fitted.
It's a cream shaker style kitchen with oak worktops.

I'm after an alternative to bead to finish the top edge of the tiling on the walls with no
eye level units... I was thinking perhaps some timber moulding or appropriate
ceramic tile.

any other ideas welcome... Cheers

M

Mr Tiler

Mitred edge or trim mate there's plenty of different trims out there. I suppose you could nail in some quadrant beading at the correct width but it won't look as good IMO.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've had the same situation before, used grout. I hated it but they loved it!? Caulk?

Q

Qwerty

I would personally be steering them towards square edge trim for the top edge. Wood trim wouldn't look right and no trim looks odd IMO. You could get away with a pencil edge trim on the top as an alternative. Would the top course end on a full tile or cut tile as you would have the bevel to consider which can look odd if a cut metro butts up to a trim.

S

Spreadz

Thanks - I will explore the pencil tile, that's sorta what I had in mind tbh. I don't think I would be happy with grout or caulk really, I too have had to do this before on customer request and really didn't rate the finish, spoilt the job really.

I will finish the tile on top edge as a full tile as I agree a cut would look odd under the bead due to the beval.

pencil tiles mitre nice on a wet cut saw? There a window reveal to go round you see...

R

Rookery

I'd use a straight edge trim but each to there own. What colour is the biscuit? If its white you could prob get away with grout or caulk.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Getting some of this for a boxing for a job in February . Has anyone tried this?

8mm Polished Chrome Triangular Tile Trim EAT080.91 - £10.42 - www.protiletrim.co.uk image.jpg

Reply to Trim alternatives in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen