Search the forum,

Discuss Travertine Tile to Carpet Transition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I am just hoping I can check some advice I have received.
I have just had three rooms tiled with Travertine Tiles and am really happy with the results. However, I was told that due to the depth approx 2600mm of tile plus flooring that there wasn't a transition stip available that would work between my new tiles and carpet. The tiler has suggested a joiner who had fitted an MDF strip to cover and as a ramp, but it has already become loose.
Is this my only option?
Many thanks in advance.
Becky

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi there ,26mm is quite high,the biggest threshold bar ive seen covers 18mm in depth difference,you may need to get a joiner to make something else up,i wouldnt reccomend mdf,maybe a nice solid wood finish?

D

diamondtiling

Hi,
I have just had three rooms tiled with Travertine Tiles and am really happy with the results. However, I was told that due to the depth approx 2600mm of tile plus flooring that there wasn't a transition stip available that would work between my new tiles and carpet. The tiler has suggested a joiner who had fitted an MDF strip to cover and as a ramp, but it has already become loose.
Is this my only option?
Many thanks in advance.
Becky

If I have to cover something like that I usually get some hardwood and get my joiner mate Martin to rebate it to get a nice even finish. You can glue or screw this timber with brass/stainless steel screws and cup washers.

:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Hi,
Is this my only option?
Many thanks in advance.
Becky
that is one seriously thick tile:yikes::yikes:

S

Scott

You can have an aluminium one if you wanted but would need to pack it off the floor to meet the edge of the tiles.

U

Unregistered

Hi

Thanks for all your replies, mdf didn't work out came up and the tile has now cracked. Think I am going to have to get something made as you suggest, just wish I had realised it would be a problem before we started.

Thanks again,

Becky

Reply to Travertine Tile to Carpet Transition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen