Search the forum,

Discuss Trade Accounts for Wall and Floor Tilers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Trade Accounts for Wall and Floor Tilers

Please let us know where you have trade accounts. Please don't include trade prices (that's for THIS forum category only). Perhaps if anything, let us know what they're known for best-price-wise. So whether it's tools, adhesive, tiles, etc.

G

Gazzer

Widerange Tiles , Wordsley.
Best by far in my area for the trade.
Biscem Adhesives mainly but they do a range inc Weber, Mapei, BAL and Ultra. Not all products though and its best to order in but they get what you want at decent prices.

If I have the chance of bulk orders or need internet sales the TileTown in Derby are number one. Lee is always willing to help and go the extra mile to keep the fixer happy...top man :thumbsup:

Reaction score
i keep no trade accounts at any materials suppliers .
1 i like the customer to contribute to the price of the job ,it shows commitment to its success from them.
2 It keeps me below the VAT threshold ,by not getting materials ,
3 I still specify what materials i want to use ,and have no worries if the job is going to need more of any materials , i just tell them to get more .

I

Ian

Topps, porcelanosa, CTD, tile giant, Jackson building centres, just started to use PHG but not on account.

B

Bubblecraft

Only use trade cash accounts:

Topps
CTD
Porcelanosa
Croc a tile
Scotceramics
Tile Giant
Tilemania
Tile Superstore Ltd
Ceramic tile warehouse
Cosmo ceramics

Mainly use Topps though

D

DTile

i keep no trade accounts at any materials suppliers .
1 i like the customer to contribute to the price of the job ,it shows commitment to its success from them.
2 It keeps me below the VAT threshold ,by not getting materials ,
3 I still specify what materials i want to use ,and have no worries if the job is going to need more of any materials , i just tell them to get more .

Very interesting points - that VAT one had never occurred to me before, but is pretty critical.
We supply listellos, decorated tiles, mosaics etc, mostly to distributors & retailers. In view of your comments, maybe we should offer a tile fixer referral account. You point your customer/client to us (online), we supply them direct then pay you a commission equivalent to a trade discount?

B

bugs183

77k thats gone up a bit. I don't want to be VAT registered, doesn't seem worth it unless you are a big firm.
I work out whether it's really worth me supplying, if not i point them to the distributor and they get my discount. I don't ask for any commission.
I use Craven Dunnill, Lilley Tile and Stone, and as much as i have moaned about their tiles i do use Tile Giant, i've found them very useful when i'm working away. I just do discount, no credit.

Reply to Trade Accounts for Wall and Floor Tilers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen