Search the forum,

Discuss Totally uneven floor to tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simonb43

Hi All, Have a floor to tile using sparkly quartz tiles, not sure of size yet, but floor is a total nightmare. One section is floor boards, which is already higher than the new concrete floor, done by the builder, who has no idea how to put a flat floor down. High spots all over the place. Kitchen already fitted as are skirting boards. Now, i have to board the wooden section with 6mm backer boards, but what is the best option for the wonky concrete floor ? It is as much as 10mm, maybe more, lower than the wooden floor. All advice greatly appreciated as this is a good job for me, but not sure how to sort out the levels, especially with skirting and kickboards already in place. Too much height will leave them so small it will look rubbish. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Totally uneven floor to tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.