Search the forum,

Discuss time for a sabbatical? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

got asked today if I fancied going back plastering for a few months, tbh I don't relish going plastering, but it'd mean not having to hunt for tiling work in an ever decreasing work/profit area (at the moment). Got a couple of weeks to decide. Does anyone else have a "second trade" to fall back on and how far would you have to be pushed to fall back on it?

D

DHTiling

Joinery......or Doorman work......Too old in the tooth for doorwork anymore and no joinery work about either....:mad2:...

Will stick it out as i am......hopefully.....:lol:

C

cornish_crofter

Well, I do a bit from a lot of the trades, a bit of a cowboy really :lol:

I also have an honours degree and MSC in engineering/manufacturing related subjects, absolutely hated working in it though.

and I've got C&G 2381 and 2391 on the electrical side

...so no I'd be a bit stuck really :smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Doug mate.....if you need the work and its offered GO for it.....family to feed mate ..:thumbsup:

R

R Montgomery

Hopefully things will pick up Doug.As for a second trade for me it would be the same as the first.

D

doug boardley

still got about a month's work ahead of me, so I'll see if owt else comes in during next couple of weeks.It is the quietest my diary has ever been tho'!

W

White Room

I'm the same Doug but have a good few jobs with the tiling but if I did'nt I would be plastering full time just for the money and keep my eye out for the tiling. Maybe a chance of more contacts for the tiling.

F

faithhealer

still got about a month's work ahead of me, so I'll see if owt else comes in during next couple of weeks.It is the quietest my diary has ever been tho'!
Never had more than a months work in but it's picking up Doug. But works work, I do anything for money to feed the family.
Best of luck Doug

Reply to time for a sabbatical? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen