Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling with Natural Stone in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hillhead

My current profiler is done so a new one is being ordered in the morning,
I'm treating myself to a makita top spec variable speed polisher/grinder, a new bullnose bit for it, diamond pads, a marble vanity grinder blade, a 1mm thick porcelain cutting blade and whatever else i spot tonight..:smilewinkgrin:
Stonetools stock the lot and their prices are the best around as far as i see.
Check their website Dean, and droooooooooooooool.... like me.

Reaction score
Nice one Hillhead fully tooled up :thumbsup:

stone tools do the lot

I have had a 15mm bull nose router for years but got the 5mm router a couple of months back and find it gives a sharper more up to date look for the more modern contempory bathrooms I tend to be doing these days.

also the velcro backed silicone carbide disks are much easier to use than the glue ons, that said I tend to use dry diamond pads on trav and limestone , only use sc on marble.

the makita is a great machine it has some real power.

check out their filler tints, I have the full range and the price is good lasts for ages too, mix with straw, clear and white polyester filler you can get all stone colours no probs

Happy tiling

H

hillhead

My order is in, I need to make 120 8"x4" rounded 12mm marble for a splashback.
I have to cut them from left over tiles from the floor, lol.
The makita will be busy over the coming weeks.

T

Topshop

Great thread. Very good info. Is there a way to blog the posts here?

The thing I like about stone floors best is that if you fill the grout lines and do a grind in place you can have a floor that is very maintainable. If the grout is level with the stone you don't get the dirt trap between the tiles like a ceramic floor.

H

hillhead

Got my new tools this evening from stonetools.
I only ordered late yesterday evening too !!!
I already have the discs for polishing but got a new bullnose bit as you see.
Brilliant prices and service from stonetools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318964409.258711.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 92

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, alot of good info about natural stone. I work with natural stone, and just recommend to seal all natural stone, before you lay it.

Reply to Tiling with Natural Stone in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks