Discuss Tiling with Natural Stone in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rich

Hi, alot of good info about natural stone. I work with natural stone, and just recommend to seal all natural stone, before you lay it.

Thank you for your input. I would agree that some natural stone is better sealed before laying but no all. We all have our different ways of working but I think that it depends on the job and the stone :thumbsup:

T

The D

just got my new toys

IMG_0263[1].jpg

thanks for the info lads.:thumbsup:

T

The D

Ok had a play with my toys today and was a bit disappointed with one of the cutting discs but the rest was top notch and Stonetools are a fantastic company to deal with.

T

The D

Just a bit thick so it has a lot of material to cut and it is not a neat cut. The porcelain disc cuts the marble better and it is a very neat cut.

R

Rich

It looks like Im going to be investing in a kit as I have a load of 40mm Portland stone that needs shaping and installing.

So is the general opinion that stone tools is the place to go?

P

Perfect Tiling

Good info within this post Rich.....I might have missed it but with the prep for floors I always tell the customer that I have to install a decoupling membrane to natural stone.....is this still the best practice?

Reply to Tiling with Natural Stone in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks