Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling outdoors when it’s wet in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Morning all. I have an outside tiling job coming up (800x400x10mm porcelain) on a concrete slab. The builder has built it with a decent drop and it’s pretty flat. The issue is the weather. I have been told that the base needs to be completely dry before I start as any moisture in the concrete will be locked in and when we get a cold spell it will freeze and the tiles will almost certainly lift.
Given the weather this year I’m struggling to see how I can get this done. Any advice on methods or materials would be gratefully received.

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
An alternative is Kerakoll Green Pro with Aquastop membrane. Prevents water reaching the slab, prevents secondary efflorescence coming up from the concrete and is part of their Kerakoll System.
If you need any more info contact Karl at Kerakoll on 07799 70‬3378

H

hmtiling

An alternative is Kerakoll Green Pro with Aquastop membrane. Prevents water reaching the slab, prevents secondary efflorescence coming up from the concrete and is part of their Kerakoll System.
If you need any more info contact Karl at Kerakoll on 07799 70‬3378
I wouldn't compare the 2 personally. The green pro should be compared to durabase and ditra. Ditra drain offers sub tile drainage which virtually eliminates freeze thaw and efflorescence risk

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
I wouldn't compare the 2 personally. The green pro should be compared to durabase and ditra. Ditra drain offers sub tile drainage which virtually eliminates freeze thaw and efflorescence risk
Kerakoll argue that their Green Pro is a waterproof system so if applied correctly no water will enter the subase, and residual moisture in the screed is able to evaporate due to incorporation of a breathable sheet.

H

hmtiling

Kerakoll argue that their Green Pro is a waterproof system so if applied correctly no water will enter the subase, and residual moisture in the screed is able to evaporate due to incorporation of a breathable sheet.
So the same as ditra and durabase when taped then and not comparable to ditra drain?

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
We sell Ditra and Dural, but do not stock the Ditra drainage products. I was noting the Kerakoll Green Pro as this is part of a promoted patio system and is a lot more cost effective than a lot of the drainage rolls available,

D

Dumbo

We sell Ditra and Dural, but do not stock the Ditra drainage products. I was noting the Kerakoll Green Pro as this is part of a promoted patio system and is a lot more cost effective than a lot of the drainage rolls available,
But it cannot compete with a drainage roll for ext applications in our climate .

Reply to Tiling outdoors when it’s wet in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen