Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling on fresh plaster in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Ok so all my previos comments was im bed looking at the techinal data online and it didnt mention plaster but i just looked at the tub i have and it does say suitable for plaster.

But again it does not mention anything about priming. Both the tub and tech data doesnt mention sealing of any kind. Someone asked on screwfix about sealing plasterboard and mapei replied stating no sealing needed. Just dont feel right not sealing.

image.jpg

Reaction score
So i called mapei, they confirmed it suitable for plaster but said i should seal with primer g... The fact this isnt mentioned on the product or tech sheet has made me loose confidence in it. I might just take it back.

Reaction score
Mapei have confirmed over email and on screwfix that its fine to use to gypsom plaster as long as I seal with primer g. Bit worrying its not mentioned on the technical sheet.

Oh well just gotta wait for plaster to dry now. This one section that was a chase that has been filled in (with bonding i assume) doesn't ever appear to get any dryer, it is on the outside wall so understandable i guess but still would be good to see even a little progress

Thanks for the help above chaps, really do appreciate ur it.

IMG_5323.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

You may have a small weep in the pipeworkinside the chase. Or has he plastered over the showerhead outlet?

Reply to Tiling on fresh plaster in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks